Fall bite pool 4

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

After this weekend Im really looking forward to the fall bite on Pool 4 this year. Had 2 good days of pulling cranks on pool 4 over the weekend. Not on fire but good. Sunday BK and I got 2 keepers 2 throw back walleye and a pike in 3 hrs of fishing. Sunday afternoon Millerman jumped in the boat and popped a 23″ eye within 5 minutes. We fished three hours and ended with 5 keepers between 15.5 and 18.5″ the rest were too big, to small or GIANT sheephead. Monday my boat caught 12 walleye between 15 and 22in., 3 dink sauger, a 22″ walleye, a flathead, a channel cat and a bunch of giant sheephead. I’ll post some pics after work

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Was out as well u and miller trolled right next to me and said hi. I’m also looking forward to the fall bite its shaping up to be a good one

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Was out as well u and miller trolled right next to me and said hi. I’m also looking forward to the fall bite its shaping up to be a good one

What kind of boat were you in?

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

There is no fall bite on pool 4!!!

Actually I just got my Ilink installed just for pool 4 fall bite Super excited!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

There is no fall bite on pool 4!!!

More so for White Bass!!

holstc

I typically fish Pool 4 from opener till late June and hunt during the fall. My goose lease fell through this year so plan to do more fishing.

Can someone help me out with the typical fall patterns on Pool 4 and seasonal location? Are they toward the head of the lake, main lake breaks, wingdams?

Thanks in advance!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I was surprised at the amount of pails filled at Everts over the weekend.

‘course a 30 pound flathead takes up most of one pail.

I know rrr has been putting the smack down as well. I tried to follow him one day but he’s like a ghost.

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

After this weekend Im really looking forward to the fall bite on Pool 4 this year. Had 2 good days of pulling cranks on pool 4 over the weekend. Not on fire but good. Sunday BK and I got 2 keepers 2 throw back walleye and a pike in 3 hrs of fishing. Sunday afternoon Millerman jumped in the boat and popped a 23″ eye within 5 minutes. We fished three hours and ended with 5 keepers between 15.5 and 18.5″ the rest were too big, to small or GIANT sheephead. Monday my boat caught 12 walleye between 15 and 22in., 3 dink sauger, a 22″ walleye, a flathead, a channel cat and a bunch of giant sheephead. I’ll post some pics after work

Hey Jesse,
    We also trolled by you a couple times by Red Wing. I was in the MX1825 Skeeter. This was our first time on Pool 4 ever at this time of year. We only caught one walleye, a flathead and a bunch of sheephead. I did enjoy the fishing though and look forward to learning more. We tried to focus on the wind blown points and shores, and then went looking for current. None of us in the boat are river guys but looking to expand our knowledge. Any suggestions? Thanks

Marc

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Yeah I seen you guys out on the lake. Only luck I had out there was a few weeks ago pulling lead in 19fow catching 16-20 in sauger. My suggestion is to keep on fishing

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

In all seriousness the bite isn’t on fire so learning now isn’t going to be easy. On Monday we honestly trolled all the way from Red Wing to point no point then from Maiden Rock to Warrentown. Missed 3 big fish on the head of the lake and got most others scattered in the river. Always stop into Everts and talk to Steve or Kari and get the latest and greatest fishing report.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Did you guys use Denver rigs?

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

Quote:

Quote:

20 ft white triton with a 225 pro xs on the back I had my gf with me.

What kind of boat were you in?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Here’s just a few pics from the weekend.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

20 ft white triton with a 225 pro xs on the back I had my gf with me.

Ah that was you, nice to kind of meet you

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

How come you’re covering up the cheeks?

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

In all seriousness the bite isn’t on fire so learning now isn’t going to be easy. On Monday we honestly trolled all the way from Red Wing to point no point then from Maiden Rock to Warrentown. Missed 3 big fish on the head of the lake and got most others scattered in the river. Always stop into Everts and talk to Steve or Kari and get the latest and greatest fishing report.

We figured it would be tough. I never have a problem keeping fishing. I’m hoping to get out there a couple more times. If not I’ll be there later for the jig bite. The one guy I was with does that a quite a bit and calls it a suicide bite. Can’t wait for that. If ya see me stop by and say hi

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

What`s with the Needle Nose Pliers ??? Afraid to touch a scaly fish ???

chirp
    Rochester

BK has truly gone to the darkside now. By the way BK you need longer arms for your pictures. Nice looking meal though.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

What`s with the Needle Nose Pliers ??? Afraid to touch a scaly fish ???

Tough to get a barbed hook out of those nets by hand…but to be honest, Jesse said we were going trolling for flatheads. He’s all about ruining my reputation.

Thanks for the trip out Jesse…I owe you one.

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Hi All,

I am looking at making a trip down to Pool 4 on Sunday. I am fimiliar with the north end of the lake, however I was thinking about focusing my time on the south end to learn some new water. It seems like most reports come in from the north end, would anyone recommend the south half of the lake this time of year over the north?

Thanks!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

There is a South end?

I’m sure someone will be along to give you some pointers.

Chris Winchester told me the end of the world started at Pepin and my boat would fall off if I went past it.

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

Quote:

Hi All,

I am looking at making a trip down to Pool 4 on Sunday. I am fimiliar with the north end of the lake, however I was thinking about focusing my time on the south end to learn some new water. It seems like most reports come in from the north end, would anyone recommend the south half of the lake this time of year over the north?

Thanks!

Haven’t fished recently but used to do well on the flats down there at the very end of the lake in August? Can be some fish in that area just up the MN shore too.

Deer Island down to Pepin WI is usually good also, I think this spot holds at least some fish year round.

That or run down into the river there and find some current. First dam in a series, etc. Should be something on them to tug your twig.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.