vertical jigging swimbaits

• dbrode
    Mingo, IA

I saw a In-Fisherman where Doug Stange was vertical jigging swimbaits with Gord Phizer on a Minnesota or Canadian lake in the fall for pike and walleyes. Has anyone here tried this? Im headed to pool 11 in October, gotta give it a try up by the dam. Tight lines to all!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I really do like the Angling Edge and Infisherman, but one of their sponsors is Ontario, and the constant commercials remind you every 7min. Not to mean the stuff wont work elsewhere, but cmon guys you can throw a plain jig at some of those fish up there and they will chew it.
    Worth a shot in any case.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Have been doing this for 15 years or more. Started with the lunker city fin-s. Now it’s mostly gulp minnows or sometimes a cabelas koochie. It’s nothing new to most walleye or bass anglers.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

As a bass angler I use smaller swimbaits and flukes quite often. Never “Vertical Jigging” but with a drop shot set up flukes work absolutely amazing. The only time I really “Jig” swimbaits is fishing beds, other than that it’s mainly flukes.

iowaeye

flukes work fantastic on pool 11 vertical jigged. paddle tails/moxis seem to outproduce most plasitcs though.

One eye
    Albany ill

thanks for the information

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

thanks for the input! Can’t wait to get on the river

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.