Anyone fishing P4?

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Remind me to never drive 5 hours to fish Pool 4 the days before Easter weekend Fished Thursday and got nothing but dinks and Friday morning the lines to the ramps where backed up for a 1/4 mile. Turned the truck around and headed home.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Quote:

Remind me to never drive 5 hours to fish Pool 4 the days before Easter weekend Fished Thursday and got nothing but dinks and Friday morning the lines to the ramps where backed up for a 1/4 mile. Turned the truck around and headed home.

Sorry to hear that. Headed down there on Monday.

Boy, the big girls have to show up at some point!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

There is more then pool 4 to fish pool 5 is right down the road less folks down there. Still have a decent shot at a 10#.

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Boat traffic is what it is this time of year. Dinks are together mainly where every other boat is move shallower and away is my advice.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

If you want to fish Guttenberg or Lynxville some weekend…Hit me up, I got a cabin in Guttenberg…

hunter1723

Quote:

There is more then pool 4 to fish pool 5 is right down the road less folks down there. Still have a decent shot at a 10#.

I don’t know who you are kidding but pool 5 is packed as well with less fish and less success stories! Don’t let people lead you astray.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Some of the people that managed through the long lines did very (very very) well yesterday.

While it’s true that it may have been the busiest I’ve ever seen it at the resort, the lines moved fairly quickly or so I’m told. I was surprised by the number of compliments that were given to Steve and Kari for how quickly the lines moved through out the day.

If your catching all “dinks” I would suggest (with all due respect) that you might want to consider changing your tactics or more likely the areas your fishing.

Here’s Steve and Danny with a couple SMILES from Thursday before the release.

basseyes

Was down there Thursday by myself. Got bait and paid. Had forgot the minnow bucket and they loaned me one. Had some motor issues. Some guy at the dock held the boat while I went and parked the trailer. Got the kicker going and worked on the big motor. GPS on the HDS 8 hasn’t given me any trouble, quit working. Spent a lot of time trying to get it to use the network to the front hds 5 but no luck. Motored up to the Y and dam area off the kicker. Got some fish. Got the boat on the trailer with just the kicker.

Thought Friday was going to be spent working on the motor. Pulled the cowl and a connection had come undone on the vapor separator. Hooked it up and took my 10 y/o and dad down there. Man was it busy. Got right in paid and in the water quickly and efficiently. Got the big motor going and got the old man and kid fishing.

All I can say is Everts was packed!

But bar none they had that machine oiled up, greased up and running. We got in quick and out quick both days. We did avoid prime times but over all a good experience.

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

We need to get some more ramps open, hopefully bay point and Collvile will be open by next weekend.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

For all this site promotes ice fishing, it just goes to show that it doesn’t hold a candle to open water. It isn’t “apples to oranges,” it’s more desirable to less desirable. Everyone is sick of fishing through a toilet bowl in the ice and wants to be out in a boat, and who can blame them? If ice fishing is so much fun, why did pool 4 have 200 boats on it on Friday? Deal with the crowds and enjoy yourself. YOLO.

clwuensch
    Rockland, Wi

Last year, Easter week!

Cory Wright

If you are fishing below the dam you are probably just going to catch dinks with and occasional keeper sauger or walleye. The nice fish are going to be in tight even in less then 5 feet of water this time of year. Better off fishing closer to the lake away from the crowds also. The best places usually seem to be where you either lose a jig in the brush or you catch a fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to IDo walleyeman6!

PS that’s a secret!

Cory Wright

Sorry about that. I won’t let anymore slip out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.