Pool 4 walleye and sauger

• woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Went out Nov 1st with my son and a friend and after looking at the forcast and finding the low weds night of 39 deg I figured it should be a nice day with no line freezing. We were the second boat upstream from Everts so picking a spot was easy. The bite was very slow until the sun popped up and then game on. We used a varity of presentations including hair and meat,paddletails,ringworms,and blades all which caught fish. Color was not a big deal to the fish that day,they were just on the chew. No fish over 21 but alot of fish all day.The fish we kept all had shad in their stomach,with one 18 incher holding 9 of them.Finding active fish meant finding current seams and working them with a varity of baits. There was no doubt if it was a strike or not… it was a whap!!!. The ratio was 75% walleye and 25% sauger and yes they are sumos this year. If you get a chance to get out don’t get caught up on one or two spots or presentations,mix it up and find the active fish.Good luck!!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Goota love the WHAP! Nice report.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Nice read…. yea one thing about fall fishing, is the lack of doubt that your bait has been bit. Gotta love the whack. Wish I was closer and could make it over. Got to feel it for a while on Lake WI yesterday, and it was good…. sure miss the pool 4 version.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the report Woodie!

It took me a few minutes to realize who you were. But your smile gave you away.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Thats’s a good thing Brian got to smile after a great day on the water with the boy and good friend

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Nice job guys. Glad you guys had a great day on the water. Were you using “power minnows” or “gulp leaches”????

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Russ I think you already know the answer to that question.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.