Pool 2

• JasonP
    Twin Cities

Wondering if anyone is going to brave the river this wknd? Are the landings barricaded yet? The weather looks great for fishing but I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to put a boat in anywhere but Willie’s.

Also…could someone post a pic of a BIG pool 2 walleye they caught this year to get me inspired again? I feel a little malaise settin in.

JP

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Caught an 8 pounder by 494 shorefishing a month ago… wish i knew how to post pics..

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I’m thinking the high water will make it a little tough this weekend, but once it starts to come down the fish will be concentrated and hungry. Here’s MikeW with a 29.75″ pig from a couple months ago for inspiration!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Hoping to get out this weekend but having some boat issues. The water levels look fantastic for a good fishing. Would think the fish have had plenty of time to set up in new areas. This weekend would be prime time to get out. Had some very good numbers trips last year in the high water. It would be great to check out those spots again.

If I get out it will most likely be in the Jon boat. Its good to own more than one boat.

fredbart
    St. Paul

I’d love to share my boat with ya.

Fred

jiggin-rake

When i click on manage photos it says choose file, update or close window… no where does it say browse or anything.. i click on choose file and nothing happens.. i clicck on update and it says one moment please.. its really frustrating to say the least.. am i missing something? I hate asking people every week if they can post a pic for me.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

When you click on the Manage Photo button, you should see this window. Click on “Browse”, select you photo then click on “Update”. Once updated, close the window and finish by completing post.

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So what landings are still open. Seen a photo of the dock getting pulled at 494. Not sure if that is still open or not. Anyone been down to Lions lately. If nothing else is open Im sure Willies and Mississipi pub ramps are still open.

Anyone got a open seat for tonight?

jiggin-rake

I click on manage photos.. then i get a window that pops up but it is different than the one you just posted.. i appreciate you taking time to help me out jon jordan.. i think my phone isnt capable or something.. im gonna try and snag my gf labtop while she is sleeping and see if it works from a computer..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Pretty sure you cannot upload from a phone. Send the pics to a PC and then give it a try.

-J.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I heard a rumor that 494 was closed…and that the island at lion’s park is darn near underwater. Willie’s is a sure bet. I launch a fair amount down at the lake and might check that out this wknd.

Jp

Northeast MPLS

Drove over the Ford Dam on my way home today and the water was very high. The Island below the dam was gone, I would have to think 494 would be a no go as of now. She was raging.
    I would think it should settle in o.k. by late weekend, perhaps.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Looking at the chart/forecast….she looks like she’s losing steam….might crest earlier than predicted.

jp

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Going to be some prime fishing conditions this weekend. Thanks for the open seat for tomorrow morning Fred. Been a week and a half since getting out and Im looking forward to it.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Rising water usually means scattered fish. Crest and after is when it gets really good if you find the fish. Have fun out there, guys!

beno
    St. Paul

After a few weeks of lake fishing up North, looking forward to getting back on the Miss this weekend.

See ya out there!

JasonP
    Twin Cities

how early does the park cafe open?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

They start cooking at 6am. Coffee is on about 530 but it is self serve. Some very nice street rods in there this morning.

Fished around 494 this morning. The bite was slow. 1 walleye and a bunch of white bass. The river looked great. The bite should pick up pretty soon.

Lions Levy was open this morning but the parking lot was flooded. Willies was good to go and well worth the $10. We launched there early and paid when we got back around noon.

jiggin-rake

nice eye caught by 494 launch shorefishing. jig and crawler by a storm drainage.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Nice fish Ryan. 6AM is too late…already had breakfast and on my way. Not optimistic but I’ll report back.

JP

jiggin-rake

thanks jason.. here are some more eyes from pool 2 in the last month.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Nice fish Ryan. 6AM is too late…already had breakfast and on my way. Not optimistic but I’ll report back.

JP

Hit the Miss with Patrick this morning. Nothing fast and furious but a few spots we tried kicked out fish for a total of 6-7. We caught everything pitching jigs today. We both left our cameras at home…so you’ll have to take my word that there was several quality fish in the mix. River was still pretty muddy but this week should allow it to set up nicely. I think next weekend we’ll be on numbers again…possibly sooner for those that can get out later in the week.

jp

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.