Pool 9 guys???

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Leaving Friday morning (tomorrow) for a few days of chasing eyes on the upper part of P9. Haven’t been up that way this year and have a 4 hour drive ahead of us. Any news would be great, like if there was a may fly hatch or how the water is doing sort of thing. I wouldn’t complain if you had some reports of the fishing and lure selection either My wife and I troll quite a bit using 3 ways around the MN slough area. I picked up a couple WI licenses for us too

Thanks for the help
    Mark

jags

I think pool 9 is in the beginning of the hatch now. Not sure of how thick they are yet, but I know that a few are popping on pool 12 so…..

barc
    SE MN

Upper end of 10 had rafts of mayfly carcasses floating downstream last weekend. Not sure if pool 9 had a big hatch.
    Jointed shad raps in black/silver and blue/silver put some fish in the boat for me.
    It looks like they pulled the plug this week as the water level has dropped a couple of feet.
    barc

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Water is a bit brown. Water has dropped a lot.

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

Was up there last Sat. Mayflys are there. Worst area was where Upper Ia comes in. I think I could have walked across the water there. Other spots not as bad, but looked like hatch was on.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Lots of rain up north wonder how that is going to play in now?

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Southern to mid pool is in a pretty significant hatch phase right now. Best Walleye activity has been along closing damns (when the 20+ mph wind will allow you fish them properly) and in running sloughs. They’re spread out pretty good right now. If you pick up a couple quality fish off any one given structure point you’re doing well. Lot of little farts mixed in between the quality fish. Wilcats best bait of choice right now. Plastic minnows/shad 2nd. Pulling cranks is producing as well. Leeches & crawlers and you’ll feed the sheephead.

Genoa Lions Walleye tourney was last Saturday. 101 entrants. 52 people weighed a fish. 8.70 & 8.19 took first & second. Couple 7 pounders took 3rd & 4th. 5th through 14th was all 6 pounders (6.05 was the last money fish at 14th). Couple 5 pounders honerable mention and then the weights dropped off into the 1 to 2 lb class. It was a one fish tourney.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Fishing was bad all 3 days, Rain, Wind, Heavy rain storms with major wind, then hot as hell with a huge may fly hatch.

palolo

Yuck..sorry you had unfavorable weather.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.