pool 4, 2-2-12

• fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Decided to get the boat out of retirement for the year last night and fished pool 4 with JasonP. We arrived around 3 pm and found a bunch of ice chunks near the dam. We started jigging and boated a few small sauger amongst the ice flows. Later toward dark the dragging bite picked up and we boated some sauger and walleyes. Luckily the amount of ice coming down river from pool 3 diminished or it would have been very tough to drag jigs last night. It did make the trip back to the back channel a little interesting trying to dodge ice chunks. Some of the chunks were almost as big as my boat and 7 or 8 inches thick. Paddle tails and ringworms both caught fish with oystershell, white, pro blue, and firecracker chartruese all boating fish. The weather was very pleasant for the 2nd of February. Sorry, no pics since I forgot the camera in the truck.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Nice report sir! The confluence was devoid of biting fish yesterday on Pool 2. Gary and I couldn’t buy a bite. Possibly something going on at dark and beyond but we couldn’t stay to investigate that.

dd

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

You didn’t keep a limit did you?

JasonP
    Twin Cities

thanks for the ride Patrick…it was good to get out…and I got to break in my new avid!

JP

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Come on Millerman…. We all know if it’s legal it’s Ok. The DNR knows what is best for the fishery and sets the limits accordingly. We should just trust that they will take care of everything.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

That was so…last week.

Sorry for ruining your post Fish Them All.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

We thought we spotted you out there BK…on the ‘sota side. Was it you or someone with an identical boat?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

That was a different boat they acted as if they knew how to fish. AKA I did not see an anchor rope and/or white rods in holders.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What Erick said.

Next time take your camera along guys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.