pool 4 report

• ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Slow slow slow for me anyways, unless you enjoy catching/keeping small ones in 30+ft of water like what most people were doing today by the looks of it.

riverdan

Got out on the water around 10 and got off around 5, spent most of the time up by the dam, caught lots of shorts with a few decent ones mixed in, the guy out with me caught the fattest 19 incher sauger I’ve seen in years, which we released, highlite of the day hooked into a big paddle fish that measured out at 57″ what a fight! Had to work hard for the 4 saugers and one decent walleye we got today! out again tomorrow!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

We ended with 3 keeper eyes, and a few 14 inch eyes and 2 shorts, very tuff day for my boat 9 fish total.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Any one else see the small passanger jet with its landing gear down flying unusualy low being followed by an Army copter? Seemed kinda strange.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

CONGRATS ON THE PADDLEFISH!! That’s a great trophy. Hope you can bless us with pictures…

stuart
    Mn.

Hey Riverdan,What ramp are you using?

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

..The BACK CHANNEL RAMP IS SALTED SANDED AND FREE SO WHY WOULD ANYONE USE ANY OTHER RAMP. …rrr

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Where is this BACK CHANNEL RAMP?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

right across from Randy’s house!

It is just before the back channel bridge across from the Mr. Sippi bar!

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

.. On the back channel right across from the MR SIPPI BAR AND CAMPGROUND. ..rrr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The FW and I are going on a whirlwind tour of the area tonight.

Stopping at Mr. Sippi’s to pick up my watch thanks to Mr. Stillwaiting that found it on the backchannel ramp last week and posted that he found it.

Then it’s over to Four Season’s to see the friendly folks behind the counter for some Ringworms, paddle tails and blade baits…

Then we’re off to the Bluff’s for the area famous Fish Fry Buffet and a chat with whom ever happens to pop in.

Then it’s off to the rela-tics for the New Years festivities…and finally Monday on the river looking for a tug on the end of the line.

I’m not sure if I should mention that Four Seasons is coming on board as a site sponsor yet…so I won’t.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

I’m not sure if I should mention that Four Seasons is coming on board as a site sponsor yet…so I won’t.

They got a GREAT selection!

redneck
    Rosemount

I will say that Four Seasons has some nice fatheads and generous scoops the last few times I stopped in. The live bait guys should give the place a try. They have a good selection of plastics on hand. I heard they are trying to stock Redneckcracker too

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

Quote:

..The BACK CHANNEL RAMP IS SALTED SANDED AND FREE SO WHY WOULD ANYONE USE ANY OTHER RAMP. …rrr

Because it has rocks instead of a dock

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

I was asking because we used the back channel ramp the last two days and never saw his rig.It is in very good shape for launching.We could use some reflective tape on the markers for the wing dam.Pitch black coming in wensday and had to use GPS,I still like to have a visual.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Who the ‘ell let the cat out of the bag regarding Four Seasons?

Stuart, have you ever pitched that closing dam?

stuart
    Mn.

Many times,but never got much off it.

stillwaiting
    rochester mn

It was slow for us also . 12 fish to the boat biggest was a 18 inch eye all fish came from dragging . Riverdan seen you guys get that paddlefish i was in the red lund behind you guys looked like a good one.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

That is on highway/county rd 63. Can’t really miss it as you cross.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

] Because it has rocks instead of a dock

..Rocks dont seem 2 bother the 100s of other people that use the ramp all the time ..That being said. It sounds like there is a good chance pierce county is going to do a major improvement on the back channel ramp next summer. With 2 or more ramps and DOCKS …………rrr

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I heard that Randy, and CANT WAIT! How was fishing for you Randy?

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

] Because it has rocks instead of a dock

..Rocks dont seem 2 bother the 100s of other people that use the ramp all the time ..

We all use different ramps for our own reasons and I can assure you if my boat was nice and new and I had as much money wrapped up in it as Ben does I would be going upstream to launch.The back channel ramp sucks as far as quality and ease of loading goes.
    I hope they do improve it for next year but right now its only a rumor.

riverdan

Quote:

It was slow for us also . 12 fish to the boat biggest was a 18 inch eye all fish came from dragging . Riverdan seen you guys get that paddlefish i was in the red lund behind you guys looked like a good one.

saddest part of the big paddle is no pic 18 years fishing the river and the day I finally get one no camera but it does my heart good knowing I caught such a magnificent fish like that and it was returned to the water promptly and unharmed, I’ve been launching out of everts easier getting clients in and out of boat

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.