Any Pool 9 guys out there?

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Heading up to Blackhawk Park this Friday morning for a few days. Wondering how bad the grass is and what’s been working. Heard there is a tourny coming up hope the prefishing isn’t too bad.
    Thanks Mark

trucker
    Prairie DuChien WI.

I dont know about pool 9, but there is a fair amount of weeds in pool 10. It is not as bad as most years. I caught a few walleys trolling last weekend and a lot of northerns, some big ones. Used firetiger shad raps mostly.

jim-bailey
    Clinton County Iowa

I just got back from there. Play the wind and you can get away from SOME of the grass. It is EVERYWHERE. Caught walleyes to 27 inches and the crappie are going nuts in some areas. I’ve seen several in the 15 inch class. This is the time of year to be there. I’ll be back to the concession stand for coffee on Wednesday morning and there after until I get frozen out. Good luck.
    Jim

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Any tips… I’m leaving tomorrow afternoon and camping somewhere along the river. Not sure where just yet, but north of blackhawk. Chasing walleyes would be fun, but I will be looking for crappie first.

I’ve heard the grass in’t that bad yet…. and I have seen it so bad that it drastically changed your fishing.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I dead sticked walleyes off the face of the wingdams last week. More out towards the channel using lindy rigs. This was on pool 8 though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.