PB Crushed!! 5/24 report

• walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

The big river has been calling my name for weeks now but with so many other options its hard to find time. After a long wait I was back and it didnt take long to remember why I love that place so much! On the water shortly after sunrise were were chasing a bite that Stuart had dialed in the week before, with rapidly changeing conditions we were concerned weather or not the pattern would hold. After rigging my set line with a healthy Red Tail, I laced up a whole crawler on a Hair jig. On my second flip into the gourgous back current working the rip rap I felt tell tale thump every angler is insearch of, a BIG bite!
    After a short battle and a quik net job I was hoisting my Pool 4 personal best a 29 incher out of the net. Shortly after Stuart answered back with a dandy 27 incher on a big plastic. The action was steady all morning with eater eyes and smallish Sauger making their way to the boat and another Tanker kicking the hook at the surface. Cant wait to get back!! Thanks for another great trip Stuart!!

The clarity was decent at just under a foot and although there was some smaller stuff coming down for the most part the river looked high but in good shape. WE caught fish on hair with minnowsand crawlers, set line with 3 ways and Red tails, and plastics. Good luck and safe Holidays as summer gets kickin…hopefully!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Looks like a great time Ben!

Stuart has a more manly look holding a walleye for some reason.

Your post only makes me think of one thing…COME ON THURSDAY!!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Well I know where some cats are, dang channels were hammering my Red tails One Dandy too!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Awesome couple of walleyes, you two

Jack

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Nice fish guys. Congrats too on the new P.4 PB

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Ben! You too Stuart! it sounds like you guys had a great day on the water. I’m thinking about going fishing too since all this rain is making it difficult to plant my food plots.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Nice job guys.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

I’m thinking about going fishing too since all this rain is making it difficult to plant my food plots.

I never stop thinkig about fishing but latly while fishing I’ve been naggin myself to get the plots in Plan is Thursday if the sun and wind would help a bit

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Very nice fish.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Congrats man, beautiful fish!

Joel

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice job on the big fish Ben & Stuart!

stuart
    Mn.

Showed the ole lady the pictures and her response was “Your still wearing that old jacket?” She just don’t get the whole lucky coat thing.

It was a fun day Ben.See you next week?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.