Walker area lake conditions

• bioguy

Heading up to the Walker area in a few weeks, wondering how the lakes are shaping up. A couple weeks back we dealt with some heavy slush on a smaller lake in the area. Hoping that the slush has firmed up enough to allow some backwood travel with a snowmobile. Any intel appreciated!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

In a few weeks?

Anyone here know what it’s gonna ne like in a few weeks?

Giving you crap. Call resorts.

hawghunter08

Bioguy. I am just south of walker. Depends on what mother nature dishes out over the next few weeks. Alot can happen in that amount of time to change things, but as of right now the lakes in this area are a total disaster. With that being said conditions are varied lake to lake. Unless you have a tracked machine you will be extremely limited. Even a snowmobile probably isn’t going to work if pulling a shack. You’re fine untill you hit a slush pocket, which are everywhere. Hope this helps. Good luck. Maybe stick to a resort on leech? They should at least have some roads and areas they can point you to

bioguy

In a few weeks?

Anyone here know what it’s gonna ne like in a few weeks?

Giving you crap. Call resorts.

No resorts on the lakes I’m targeting. Not even cabins in most cases. Was hoping things might have improved significantly during this last freeze up. Sounds like the answer is not much. I talked to a couple resorts on leech and that might end up being the backup plan. Much more fun to get off the beaten path up there though.

Thanks for the intel hawghunter toast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.