Wabigoon / Dinorwic early July

• Steve Gnotke

Headed up to Wabigoon on July 6th, never fished the lake before. Can anyone offer some insight into the best techniques to use and depth to expect to find fish? Walleyes. perch, and crappies are the target species but I’m sure a little time will be allotted towards pike.

Thanks!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

A fried of mine goes there and catches some monster crappies.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

My wifes family lives on the “goon”
    Mid-July is all reef fishing, typically bottom bouncers with spinners for walleyes/perch. Crappies will be suspended over deep water or buried in the weeds. Need good electronics to find the crappies in either spots. Walleyes its really your choice of real Canadian crawlers or a gulp variety, the both work. Slow death rigs work well that time of year also
    I want to try jigging raps on the reefs in mid-summer, but have not been up in July in a few years.
    On another note Lac Suel in July was a deep shoreline break that had wind pounding in for a few days for walleyes. don’t over look those areas as well.

TMF89

We always did crawler harnesses up there in the summer for eyes. Caught northern and bass in the back bays, but never got into any crappie. Very low water clarity for the most part.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.