Voyageur with a talon ?

• Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Looking to put a 12 ft Talon on my Voyageur . Anyone got any pics of theirs ? Plan to mount it directly to transom with a tilt bracket.

Karry Kyllo

Attached are some photos of my 12 ft. Talon with a tilt bracket mounted on my Alaskan. It should be similar.

Attachments:
    1. KIMG0214-scaled.jpg

2. KIMG0212-scaled.jpg

3. KIMG0210-scaled.jpg

4. KIMG0202-scaled.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looking to put a 12 ft Talon on my Voyageur .

I don’t know what brand of boat that is, but make sure you don’t void the hull warranty when you mount one to the transom.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Thanks much Gimruis ! The Voyageur is Alumacraft . Is Lund okay with mounting it like that ? I did see others mounting directly and i bet its a violation for warranty ? Yet i know dealers are mounting it that way ?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It depends on the brand and model. Being that it’s a new boat, I would at least check before hand.

You could also use a sandwich bracket. That’s what I use. The transom on my Ranger is irregularly shaped so direct mount didn’t work.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

It depends on the brand and model. Being that it’s a new boat, I would at least check before hand.

You could also use a sandwich bracket. That’s what I use. The transom on my Ranger is irregularly shaped so direct mount didn’t work.

I see some engine manufactures will not warranty lowers if using sandwich brackets . I read where it was a money thing between MinnKota / Mercury / and other boat manufacture’s . Im still going to be doing more info gathering before i pull the trigger .

Cw

I know its $400ish more, but I am glad I went with a 15 and not a 12.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Don that is accurate. I didn’t even know that I voided my 2 year Merc warranty when I added the sandwich bracket!

My outboard is past it’s warranty now so it’s a moot point. But at the time if I had known, I wouldn’t have had it installed.

I’m sure a lot of boat owners probably don’t even care or think twice about voiding outboard or hull warranties.

Another item to keep in mind is the height. I don’t know if you store your boat in a garage or shed, but they come with tilt brackets. Mine won’t fit under my garage door without tilting the bracket down. I have a 7 foot garage door.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Don that is accurate. I didn’t even know that I voided my 2 year Merc warranty when I added the sandwich bracket!

My outboard is past it’s warranty now so it’s a moot point. But at the time if I had known, I wouldn’t have had it installed.

I’m sure a lot of boat owners probably don’t even care or think twice about voiding outboard or hull warranties.

Another item to keep in mind is the height. I don’t know if you store your boat in a garage or shed, but they come with tilt brackets. Mine won’t fit under my garage door without tilting the bracket down. I have a 7 foot garage door.

I have 8 ft high doors , but probably still need the tilt bracket .

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I know its $400ish more, but I am glad I went with a 15 and not a 12.

CW did you get a pair or running a single ?

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

I have 8 ft high doors , but probably still need the tilt bracket .

I have an 8′ door and I need a tilt bracket for a 15′ Talon. Mine is on a 205 Competitor Tiller, so you’re likely at a similar trailer height.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Attached are some photos of my 12 ft. Talon with a tilt bracket mounted on my Alaskan. It should be similar.

Thank for those pics , did you mount it yourself or the dealer ?

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I have a 15 footer on a lund impact. Works great. Direct mount to transom as I didn’t want to shell out for one of the swiveling brackets.

Karry Kyllo

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Karry Kyllo wrote:</div>

Thank for those pics , did you mount it yourself or the dealer ?

I mounted it myself. It was actually pretty simple to do. I’m happy how it turned out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.