VMC tungsten fly

• barrelslime
    Illinois

Looking to pick up a few of these expensive buggers. What is the most common size you guys use? 1/64, 1/32, 1/16?
    Im mostly fishing shallow water under 20 feet for gills and crappie.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

Get every size. This is a dynamite lure well worth the money, the bigger sizes work great for whitefish and spawning gills in the spring.

barrelslime
    Illinois

Are all sizes, weight, on the same size hook? or Diffrent hook sizes

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

All have different size hooks according to weight

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

These things are probably my favorite panfish jig both in the winter and spring. I have 4 in each color and size. I find myself using the 1/16 the most though.

barrelslime
    Illinois

I got an assortment of all colors and sizes.

Hudson8907
    NULL

Do you guys tip the fly with larva or wax worms?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The 1/32nd in glow white tipped with 2 spikes is almost magic during early ice for any panfish.

whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

I can’t even find them up here in Saskatchewan. Haven’t found a place who carries them. we have lots of rapala product but very slim VMC products. I’ve looked into ordering but shipping alone cost more than the fly.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I can’t even find them up here in Saskatchewan. Haven’t found a place who carries them. we have lots of rapala product but very slim VMC products. I’ve looked into ordering but shipping alone cost more than the fly.

Damn, I was going to offer to ship some to you when they start getting stocked in local stores, but I just checked what a USPS small fat rate box to Saskatchewan is…$25 USD!!!!

That’s a lot of money from some tiny jigs.

whytie
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

I’d be happy if they were taken out of the box and taped to a piece of paper or fold in one so it could be sent like a letter lol. But yeah shipping is a killer when trying to get anything from the States to Canada.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have been using all three sizes.. the 1/16 for a search tool and then downsize from there…

Late ice the only one that worked for me was the 1/16… they gobbled it right up !!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.