VMC Tingler Spoons

• toddrun

What is your experience with the VMC Tingler spoons?

I hired a guide a couple years ago on a lake that will not be named, and he gave us a couple of these spoons in a particular color and said it was the best lure by far on that lake. Well, we tried everything in the tackle box, and that spoon out fished everything else at least 3 to 1. Not sure it is was just the hot lure at the time, as I have not been back to that lake. But I have used this spoon on other lakes, with no success. I am well aware of the “certain lures on certain lakes” phenomenon, but just wondering if anyone else has had luck with them or not?

First LOW trip of the year coming up, wondering if I should pick up a couple in the traditional LOW colors to try?

Ripjiggen

One of my favorite spoons.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I am well aware of the “certain lures on certain lakes” phenomenon, but just wondering if anyone else has had luck with them or not?

I’d alter that to also read “certain days”.

I use both the Tingler Spoon as well as the Slender Spoon made by Custom Jigs and Spins. In my experience it seems when one works, the other will be just as effective. They have very similar action in the water.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Tingler spoon is the first one dropped down the hole for Bluegill up to Walleye. Red Shiner has destroyed panfish in the past.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

One of my favorite spoons.

x2 I spend most winters with a Tingler, Rattlin Flyer or Buckshot on.

Slabhunter

They take a while longer than normal to get down to the fish…good for shallower spots, not so good in deeper basins IMO…tried a couple on Red this past weekend and no takers which surprised me.

Erik Swenson

x3 on the favorites. Love me a Custom Jigs Slender spoon too!

Dan
    Southeast MN

I love them. Tipped with waxies they’re my go-to option the majority of the time.

tim hurley

You bring the magic-or not.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I like them. I won’t say they are my favorite (close to) and I always have them with.

B-man

They have their days like anything else.

As mentioned, they don’t sink very fast while dropping down, but some days that slow flutter while jigging is what they want.

Definitely in my top 10 ice baits waytogo

Red Eye

On the Tingler spoon what size are you guys using most? What color is your go to? I love the Perch/gold. Very natural.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

X5 I think? Not sure on size, but I think the one I use the most is a step down from the largest. Also like the VMC Tumbler spoon. Blue glow and gold perch are my favorite.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I’ll add that the perch gold worked great on LOW.

Matt Waste

Its CLUTCH. I have one tied on at all times on at least one rod.

toddrun

Alrighty then! That will be tied on to my #4 jigging rod. 4 go to jigging rods and my dead stick with the secret hook, ready to go to LOW!

Adam Steffes

This post finally triggered me to sign up and post. I really love VMC tingler spoons on lake of the woods to target smaller eyes for eating. The glow goldfish in the smallest two sizes seem to get more bites than any other bait for me. They might just match my fishing style best. They do have small hooks so I usually upgrade hook sizes a little.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.