Vexus DVX

• Brad Dostal

I was not able to make it to the boat show and check out the Vexus boats. For anyone that was there what did you think of them? How was the fit in finish in them? What are your thoughts when compared to the Ranger Boats or other comparable boats? I am looking at the DVX 19 for myself and my needs. They look like very nice boats but I have not been able to see one in person yet. Thanks for any info or opinions you can provide.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I saw 2 of them at the boat show on Saturday. I didn’t climb in them. The finish on the outside looked pretty nice. That’s about all I can help ya with Brad. I simply didn’t give it much thought when I walked past.

munchy
    NULL

My biggest concern with Vexus boats right now is how far away the nearest dealer/warranty service center could be.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My biggest concern with Vexus boats right now is how far away the nearest dealer/warranty service center could be.

Dealer network is growing every day. That wouldn’t be my concern. Paying for it would be my concern. jester

Brad Dostal

From my understanding the 19’ version is in the mid to upper $50,000 range. I may be wrong on that but that’s what I thought I read somewhere. I know the 22’ version gets very expensive as does a similar Ranger. I do like that I can rig any motor I want on the back.

I can understand the dealer network concern right now. Hopefully that grows relatively quickly. A dealer (LaCannes Marine) that I have bought my last few boats from is now a dealer of Vexus and that is part of what struck my interest. They are three hours from where I live though so I have not made it there to look at them first hand yet.

I would be really interested if anyone has actually been on the water in a Vexus and what their thoughts were.

munchy
    NULL

A dealer (LaCannes Marine) that I have bought my last few boats from is now a dealer

That’s good to know. I may swing by sometime. It’s frustrating trying to find a dealer on their website, I shouldn’t have to give my personal info to see their dealers.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Funny this came up today. A friend of mine called and told me he would be fishing the MWC in one this year. Running a 400 Mercury on it. He has had Rangers for years but has not been happy with his last 2. Fit and finish has declined in his opinion since JM took over Ranger. His dealer took on Vexus also because he is not completely happy with Ranger either.
    He went to the Vexus factory and was impressed. He has been to the Ranger factory in the past and said he thinks the Vexus is a better built boat in his opinion but hasn’t had one on the water yet.

Brad Dostal

I am surprised they make you put in personal info to find a dealer. I hadn’t tried a dealer search since I noticed LaCannes is a dealer. I would really like to ride drive one.

MxSkeeter – keep us posted on how he likes the Vexus. They sure look nice in my opinion and it looks like nice well thought design from the pictures I have seen and what I have read.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The dealer in Richmond Mn. took on Vexus also.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

There’s more than one dealer in Richmond. You’re speaking of In Tune Marine, I believe.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

They looked very nice! Everything seems to be finished very nicely. A few things I did notice that the red one they had on display, (the sales guy said that it had been spending time out on mille lacs last summer) seemed to have a lot of little surface scratches all over the hull. Not sure if that was due to normal wear and tear or what but it didn’t seem to hide scratches at all. Second, looking at the windshield, all i saw were dollar signs if anything ever happened to that glass. Seemed like very well put together boats and hopefully they are able to compete in such a tight market! A few of the really cool things were the live well in back, the charging panel in the back, and the pop out boarding ladder.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I looked at them closely last year at the NW Sportshow and they are awesome boats, and I didn’t notice any flaws in the fit/finish. I thought the 19′ was still significantly more than $50k though, but could be wrong. Not sure where you are located Brad, but J&K Marine in Walker is a dealer too.

munchy
    NULL

Prices start near $51k.

Wish I could afford to look at a VX…. frown

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200128-124810_Chrome.jpg

2. Screenshot_20200128-124749_Chrome.jpg

Charles

51K isn’t that bad, what is specialty built Recon cost?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Recon? How did that get in the conversation? jester

Brad Dostal

I attached the price quote I got from Nick over at LaCannes Marine. Pretty sure the link Zach posted is the same boat. Hopefully this attached?

Attachments:
    1. 380AF21D-DD16-4D78-85B8-156FD44669A3.jpeg

shady5

Nice boats! Probably a little knit-picky, but I’m not thrilled about the solid piece on the sides of the windshield. It may seem minimal, but there doesn’t seem to be a function for it and it would obscure vision at some level.

shady5

Also, it’s peculiar that the difference between the 19’ and 20’ is $24k, but only $5k between the 20’ and 21’. I guess I’m too much of a linear thinker…

RW Boat

I just Bought the VX21. So far so good. A lot of little things improved over the ranger. I’m having some difficulty with follow through from the dealer. Trying to get spacer to add talons. Haven’t found the right person yet. I’ve called the main number and left messages. Hard to get ahold of live person. The boats amazing, a ranger on steroids.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I’ve heard nothing but good about the 20′ bass rig.

In-Tune Marine. Ask for Aaron.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I am surprised they make you put in personal info to find a dealer. I hadn’t tried a dealer search since I noticed LaCannes is a dealer. I would really like to ride drive one.

MxSkeeter – keep us posted on how he likes the Vexus. They sure look nice in my opinion and it looks like nice well thought design from the pictures I have seen and what I have read.

Customer acquisition.

I’ve always been leary of buying first year big ticket items, sit back and see how they do business.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Been seeing some issues of welds cracking on the tin hulls lately over on bbc.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve seen them in the flesh, they are a nice looking boat with alot of innovative ideas, but the price…ouch!

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Wow, just learned about this company right now. Went and built my ideal DVX19 and it came out at $57k… I’ve racked up a bigger tab window shopping 19-20ft aluminum boats if I’m being honest. If these prices are accurate I’m actually very impressed and might consider one for our next boat in 10 years.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Follow up on my friends Vexus.
    He loves the boat. Tracks better, faster, and more stable than his previous Ranger. Had 1 issue with livewell wiring and didn’t care for the tires that came on the trailer. So far he is happy.

Ripjiggen

Wow, just learned about this company right now. Went and built my ideal DVX19 and it came out at $57k… I’ve racked up a bigger tab window shopping 19-20ft aluminum boats if I’m being honest. If these prices are accurate I’m actually very impressed and might consider one for our next boat in 10 years.

Wow my ideal build was 10k more than yours.. smile

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.