Vexilar FLX28 Battery Upgrade

• Cullen Vinar

I am looking at upgrading my battery on my Vexilar FLX28 to a lithium battery. Just curious which battery people have had the most success with? If it would be Vexilar’s own battery or others like Amped or Norsk?

Any thoughts or opinions would be great!

Thanks,

Cullen

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought the lithium package last year with vexilars lithium battery and really liked it. Ran it 3 days in south dakota without charging it when I left my charger at home. Thos3 were full fishing days as well

snelson223
    Austin MN

Vexilar battery works good plus you can still use your vexilar charger.

TMF89

I haven’t heard of any of the batteries offered in that class being particularly bad, so I think you’ll be fine with whatever you choose. I have an Amped 12ah that I really like, I actually don’t know how long it lasts, since I’ve never ran it dry in up to three days of fishing.

Coletrain27

Amped 12ah on my Vexilar. Will last 3 full days of fishing with my flx28

ekruger01

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Chris Messerschmidt wrote:</div>
    I run an Amped 12ah in my FLX 28 and its awesome.

Is it significantly lighter with the lithium in it?

YEs, way lighter than a lead acid. I ran the new 15AH for half the year last year. Never found out how long it actually lasted as three days in, it still ran great.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I am running the Vexilar brand lithium and it is way lighter and has awesome run time. Totally worth the investment.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Vexilar battery works good plus you can still use your vexilar charger.

This simple fact makes it the best choice in my opinion. Every other battery brand you need to purchase a lithium charger. I have 3 of these batteries and all last a really long time. Especially on a Vexilar.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Chris Messerschmidt wrote:</div>
    I run an Amped 12ah in my FLX 28 and its awesome.

Is it significantly lighter with the lithium in it?

Yep, it’s quite a bit lighter. 5.57lbs on a standard vexilar battery and 2.75lbs on a Lithium Vexilar Battery. The Amped Outdoors battery I have is 1.11lbs. Which I did double check mine is a 7.5ah not a 12. But I have never run mine out of juice.

The 7.5ah is rated for I believe 30hrs of use which is plenty for me running a weekend even with the Ice Defense thing running.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I have the Vex battery in my FLX28. Have only ran it for a weekend at a time but no issues running for 2 days with no charging needed.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I put the new Amped 15ah in my Vex 28 but I kind of regret it. The weight savings was minimal and I don’t need that much run time. The 7 would have been fine and saved considerable weight.

MX1825

I put the new Amped 15ah in my Vex 28 but I kind of regret it. The weight savings was minimal and I don’t need that much run time. The 7 would have been fine and saved considerable weight.

This is why I went standard size. I never need mine to last more than 2 days. Overkill if too big. Just costs more $$$ and then your weight savings are not as much.

Cam White

Put a 7.5 amped in my 28.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.