Vexilar FL-18 ducer on transom with Lowrence Hook 2 Reveal ducer

• Dave O
    Iowa

If I mount an FL-18 transducer on the transom of my boat on one side of the transom, and the ducer for a Lowrence Hook 2 Reveal on the other side, would the signals interfere with one another? What I plan on doing is just use my FL-18 to fish vertically- the Lowrence unit doesn’t come equipped with the flasher feature on the more expensive lowrance units. I also have a Marcum LX-5 that I may use for this same purpose, and put the Vex up front with the ducer mounted on the trolling motor for vertical fishing. We do a LOT of vertical fishing and we like the real time features of the flasher units- we’re not fans of the live scope technology- it’s over priced, over hyped, and really not necessary for weekend anglers. They look cool, but we like the feature/function of flasher units to target schools of panfish/walleyes.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I would temp mount it first, tape the transducer to a stick and C-clamp to transom.
    Secondly, you may find it very tough to keep jig in the cone of the Vex due to boat drift. Again you can figure this out with a Temp mount before you put effort into a full install.

pass0047
    Pool4

Have hi speed transducer for vexilar. Didn’t work well in river due to current pushing jig out of cone, but would try more if fishing lakes. Haven’t used in years. Would sell if any interest

Dave O
    Iowa

I have a GPS anchor on my trolling motor, plus we use digger anchors when we’re not using the trolling motor- I’ll motor up wind of a spot, deploy the anchor(s) and it’s usually pretty solid. I’m for sure going to put one Vexilar up front on the trolling motor, it does have a 19 degree cone, and the FL18 has bottom lock on it. Anytime you are fishing in a river, the fish finder is always skewed a bit no matter what unit you’re using. I might try a temporary mount on the transom and see how that works out, great idea!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.