Vermilion this week

• Gitchi Gummi

I’m heading up to the Cook area this weekend and renting a cabin with a few friends. I’ve never fished Vermilion before and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I was planning on bringing the wheeler up this weekend, should I be able to get around on the lake pretty well in an ATV? how is the slush/snow cover? I’ve been following the ice conditions thread and it sounds like there are some trucks driving out there now. I’d definitely rather take the wheeler, I’m just not sure if I need to worry about getting stuck in deep snow/slush.

The cabin I’m staying in is in the shallow bay that I believe is called Indian Bay on the Cook side of the lake. It looks like Indian Bay maxes out at about 10-12 ft. It looks like there is deeper water on both the east and west sides of the area I am staying. What would be some of the better options for lake access in that area? I don’t mind paying a resort for access.

Any suggestions on depths to concentrate on as well as type of minnows that seem to have been working better for walleyes would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

haleysgold
    SE MN

So I’m not a real big help but here’s what I know from a friend who lives up there.
    I don’t think he even fishes the west side anymore since it was never good fishing.
    He targets the mid to east end now.
    I know they run into slush fairly often on that lake but this year, it froze good and snow hasn’t made it slushy yet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.