Venison Processor?

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Anyone know of a good venison processor in the immediate Hudson/Stillwater/New Richmond area? Not one you bring meat to, one you can bring the deer to. Urgent AND desperate! Thanks!

DTW

call Duffs meats in hastings. They have that information for you. They don’t do skinning or deboning but they have people that they can refer you to.

651-437-9500

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Great planning….

Pete S

ptaceks prescott

dnr website has licensed processors listed by county I believe.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Don’t think you can bring a deer out or into MN so you will need to find one in MN if shot here. WI if shot there. Could be wrong if that changed.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Jordan’s meats and deli in Lakeland

404 ERROR
    MN

You gotta find one in WI, unfortunately. Do NOT bring that carcass with a WI tag to an MN processor, you WILL get a violation if that processor has any morals. If it was a MN deer, Gregs in Hampton does a top notch job start to finish.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

X2 on Jordan’s meats…. Used them for many years. Great bacon and sticks.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Great planning….

Maybe he hit it with his vehicle? If I’m not mistaken, you have the option of processing your own roadkill. crazy

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Great planning? Glad to see you don’t judge people or nothing….

I was never informed that my regular processor closed… drove there yesterday only to find out they’ve closed…. until Oct. 1st for wild game processing only.

Didn’t know a registered deer couldn’t cross state lines. Thanks guys!

David Blais

Great planning? Glad to see you don’t judge people or nothing….

I was never informed that my regular processor closed… drove there yesterday only to find out they’ve closed…. until Oct. 1st for wild game processing only.

Didn’t know a registered deer couldn’t cross state lines. Thanks guys!

For two years now….

Jake
    Western WI

Stillakid2, where did you end up bringing it to? my neighbor brought his to Powers in New Richmond, I usually bring mine to Deers locker.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Deers Locker is the one not taking game till October 1st

Mwal

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

“What did I do?”, I took matters in my own hands and cut it up myself. Steaks, canning meat, and hamburger. I iced down the cavity for the overnight, which was only …… about 30% gone by 8am. Meat is fine…. everything’s fine… Now I need to get back to my truck and replace the starter.

Oh, did I mention the starter in my truck died in the middle of all this? ;)

glenn57
    cold spring mn

You gotta find one in WI, unfortunately. Do NOT bring that carcass with a WI tag to an MN processor, you WILL get a violation if that processor has any morals. If it was a MN deer, Gregs in Hampton does a top notch job start to finish.

I believe if a sconnie deer is completely deboned you can get it processed at a Minnesota meat plant. Bones still in, heck there isn’t many locker plants that allows that either.

404 ERROR
    MN

I believe if a sconnie deer is completely deboned you can get it processed at a Minnesota meat plant. Bones still in, heck there isn’t many locker plants that allows that either.

Correct, but…

Not one you bring meat to, one you can bring the deer to.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.