V2090 Rod Storage

• Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Putting the way the V2090 drives and handles aside. One of my favorite things about this boat is the amount of rod storage it has. I was recently on a week long excursion on Lake of the Woods. We targeted Walleyes, Bass, and Muskies usually at one point or another every day.

I tend to use the starboard and port shelves for the few rods that I am currently using, plus I have the lower starboard and port lockers for any extra rods that I need. It tends to be a couple lead core / bottom bouncer rods in there, as I don’t use them very much. It is really nice to know that I have the option to and that they are out of the way of everything else.

My center rod storage I save for anything that I need to get at quickly. This usually consists of Walleye and bass rods for the most part in case I see a friendly school off the break line while i’m musky fishing.

On a unrelated note here is a little back story to the picture…

Last week my brother and I were throwing buctails trying to get on some muskies. We saw a few walleyes on the graph and quickly changed gears. I had a jig and moxie rigged up so I started pitching that. On my third cast I get throttled by a big heavy fish! Out comes this little musky tail walking across the surface like a tarpon! Lucky enough, I had it hooked right in the corner of the mouth, and since we were literally just musky fishing 3 minutes ago, the musky net was handy and we were able to scoop him up after a 5 minute throw down.

Needless to say we immediately switched back to musky fishing and raised 6 fish in the next half hour. This is when we discovered the 1-2PM feeding window that literally shaped how we fished the next few days. Fish got active during this time period but were very reluctant to bite (unless you were throwing a moxie apparently)

We would return to the fish that we saw during this time period at dark and catch them! Funny how these patterns happen sometimes.

Attachments:
    1. DSC00088.jpg

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Multi Tasking again Pat ? :]
    5 different places for rods is something I appreciate !

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Multi Tasking again Pat ? :]

Most of the time while on a musky mission I would call picking up the walleye rods a distraction, this time it paid off! I think I like your multi-tasking term better…..

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

The rod storage on Warriors has always been incredible. I don’t Musky fish, but between jumping from walleye, bass, and panfish between lakes and the river I tend to think I need to have more rods then I should. That combined with taking out people who don’t always have the right equipment.

I just have an old small V177BT and I have 24 rods in it lol. And they are all quickly accessible. 6 in both open side rod storages and 6 in each of the locked side storages. Now I just need to find time to use them all frequently….

EDIT: BTW if you are my wife reading this…I enjoy the storing one rod in each storage spot for a total of 4 rods ) I don’t need anymore so that my wife can buy more shoes!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.