UTV with Tracks

• walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I am sure somebody on here has tracks on your UTV, if so could you give me your thoughts? I am looking to get some for my Defender 800. Looking at the Apache and the Camso brands. Just want to get some feedback from someone that already has them. Thanks in advance!

404 ERROR
    MN

Don’t own them, but been in a UTV with them. Don’t get stuck…only word of advice I can give. When you get stuck with tracks, you’re REALLY stuck…

Other than that, the Ranger 900 I was in ran them great. I would have no issues putting them on an HD8 motor.

Corey sunderman

I have them on a Polaris ranger 800. Got it stuck once trying to climb a 10 ft snow pile and got hung up on top. I have Polaris tracks so can’t tell u about them other brands but understand they all pretty similar. I got a good deal on machines and never thought about having tracks but after having them I don’t think I wouldn’t own then again.

Ice Cap

Don’t own them but have ridden in tracked Polaris several times on Devils lake. Honestly we weren’t driving through anything my non tracked Polaris 900 wouldn’t go through but the guide uses it when he’s not totally comfortable taking his truck out.

I really came close to buying a set of barely used Mattracks a little while ago but just couldn’t justify the cost of not just tracks but I’d need a bigger and upgraded trailer. You lose a lot of turning radius which wouldn’t work for me because I do a lot of plowing in the winter and losing all that agility would have added hours to my plowing. Just wasn’t practical in my situation.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I have them on my Commander 1000. They are these https://www.sidebysidestuff.com/camoplast-utv-track-system-can-am-defender.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=camoplast-utv-track-system-can-am-defender&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrf7G-frq4AIV1Bx9Ch1DLAlYEAQYBCABEgJjGPD_BwE

Absolutely love them. I have went places in northern WI that I wouldn’t have thought about going with anything else. Saw snowmobiles struggling bad to get through some of the snow we were in and my set up never even broke a sweat.
    Almost got stuck last year but that was in some un expected slush and it was bad. Got out but sure wouldn’t have wanted to think about what work it would have been if it would have not made it. I have a full enclosure and even in the extreme cold I haven’t wore anythign more than a coat, boots and a hat.
    They’re not a speed demon… that’s for sure.

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for all the info guys! I have been looking at the same set Mike-West has.

I don’t have UTV tracks but I have ATV tracks. I had to decide between Camso and Apache tracks. I got a good deal on the Camso tracks and the Camso tracks can be used with other brands. I love my tracks love them for ice fishing. Being able to fish and go to places only available to snowmobile previously has been awesome.

Charles

I would say apache, seams like BRP is working with them and I heard anything to bad about them.

snelson223
    Austin MN

I was out with my buddy and his Honda utv with Mattracks. That thing is awesome. The Mattracks look really well built compared to other tracks but I think that came with a big price too.

hawghunter08

Been running camoplast utv 4s tracks ( now called camso) for last 6 years on 800 and 900 polaris rangers. These tracks have been around quite awhile and are considered one of the best out there by many. I have been through stuff you never dream of with wheels. Yes it is still possible to get stuck but it takes alot. Can definitely tell you there will be no regrets with camso tracks. One thing I will tell you though is there is some yearly maintenance with tracks you want to keep up on if you want to avoid troubles. It’s all simple but it just takes some time. Good luck with your choice. I’m sure you will love tracks no matter the brand. They are simply awesome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.