Using iTrack

Can you set up an iTrack route on a minn Kota trolling motor with ipilot with the trolling motor up and stower? In other words can you set up a route using the remote and the big motor and then use the trolling motor to fish to track?

good question but I believe the answer is no, as when the motor is stowed, the remote will display “motor stowed” and all the options disappear.
    But it has been awhile since I tried this because this was something I was interested in as well

Ripjiggen

You could do it with the TM down while you drive your big motor I believe.

Thanks for the replies, makes sense. So in theory you could pull the motor all the way up or just go slow and do it?

Ripjiggen

Deploy in water and drive with bigger motor at slow speeds.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Unless you have link on your trolling motor the motor will have to be at least in the vertical position, meaning it is on. You can set your collar so the motor is out of the water if you would like.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Ipilot… yes.
    At least with a power drive v2.
    It may be different with other models, I wouldn’t know.

This would be my primary use in the rare times I use it… trolling motor stowed, start recording a track. End recording. Deploy motor. Go to start of track.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Not to hijack this thread, I’ve never used tracks but has me thinking, could you mark waypoints of a rock sand transition on SI, create a track, then do a vessel offset of like 20 feet?

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Not to hijack this thread, I’ve never used tracks but has me thinking, could you mark waypoints of a rock sand transition on SI, create a track, then do a vessel offset of like 20 feet?

Yes you can set off sets

Ron
    Victoria, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Craig Sery wrote:</div>

Yes you can set off sets

Might depend on how old your MinnKota is.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Craig Sery wrote:</div>

Yes you can set off sets

Im not familiar with a vessel offset of 20 feet on ipilot, but when you lay your track you can certainly stay 20′ from that waypoint. Ipilot link connects the trolling motor to the humminbird so then you can follow contour or offset also believe.

fishingchallenged

If you have a Humminbird linked up, you should be able to to record the track on there with your big motor and then follow that track with your troller later. Likely requires a Helix or better.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I have link and gen2 helix units. Appreciate the info, gonna try it this weekend

Dave maze
    Isanti

Yep. Offset is a great tool. Set your track and off set away from it to fish new water every pass.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

fyi offset is only available on bluetooth units.

Update: I miss read my post I meant jog not offset hope I didn’t confuse anyone.

milemark_714

good question but I believe the answer is no, as when the motor is stowed, the remote will display “motor stowed” and all the options disappear.
    But it has been awhile since I tried this because this was something I was interested in as well

This is the case with the Ulterra and newer Terrova.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.