Using 3rd bird for just GPS and map.

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

What are some ways to make use of a third Bird in my system. Currently I have a Gen 3 Helix 12in Mega linked on the bow and linked in is the Ultrex and then linked a Helix 10 side imaging on the console. Now I’d like to use my old Helix Gen1 on the bow just for GPS and mapping. Can I just run it to a GPS puck or should I dongle it in to the network?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Your helix should have a built in GPS receiver so no need to connect it to anything but power. I have done this with many of my GPS units especially when johnson outdoors bought out lakemaster. The only benefit I would see connecting it would be waypoint sharing.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

I am not certain but I don’t think a G1 will network.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I believe you can share GPS, waypoints, and transducer info (not mega) from the network to the G1.

GPS and waypoints seem relevant in your situation. The G3 probably has (marginally) better GPS resolution.

mojogunter

They will network. I had a Gen1 that I had networked with a Gen3 Mega SI and I could see SI on the Gen1 even though it wasn’t a SI unit. I am sure I wasn’t seeing it in Mega but I could still see SI and DI on the Gen1

I am not certain but I don’t think a G1 will network.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Thanks everyone. I’ve decided to network the third bird with the others, so I can share waypoints.
    Thanks All !!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.