Used Car for Daughter

• chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Out those 4 Weekender i would go with the Escape or the Rogue.If you look at the Fords look for one with the non turbo motor the 2.0.
    I would stay away from the Jeep i just don’t like what i see of them at our shop.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Ditch the suv idea. Get a sedan of some type and your money will go twice as far putting her into something newer and more reliable. So many people who pay for AWD, trucks, etc don’t begin to push them or even utilize their capabilities. If the roads are so bad that a FWD car with good tires can’t keep her out of the ditch, you don’t want your daughter on the roads.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I would have to agree with BB on that.Camry,Corolla,Accord would be good choices.If you put some snow tires on you would be set for winter.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Just bought a 2010 Camry for the daughter. Know 2 others with similar vintage. They said all they do is gas and go.

Like I said to the wife – I’m not interested in paying interest on a loan, nor the insurance the bank will want on a car with a loan.

When you get a “nice” car, you’re going to want to fix the “oops” that happens. Just get a car with them priced in, and don’t sweat the new ones…

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Thanks for all the replies! We/she decided to buy a ’13 Escape. Had our local mechanic check it out and from what he could tell, it’s in good shape. As long as she takes care of it, we hope it’ll last her through college plus a year or 2. smile

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks for all the replies! We/she decided to buy a ’13 Escape. Had our local mechanic check it out and from what he could tell, it’s in good shape. As long as she takes care of it, we hope it’ll last her through college plus a year or 2. smile

Keep the transmission fluid clean and it will be alright. They seem to make get it dirty every 20-30K

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Thanks for the tip John. We’ll keep that in mind and have the mechanic check it out every so often. waytogo

Allen R Kugler

i dont have one for sale but maybe consider a honda crv. i’ve been working on cars for 30 years. the mazda and the nissan are nothing but trouble. i know what its like to send your daughter off to college. last thing you want to do is worry about car bills. make sure they have a jump pack and know how to use it. good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.