Used Box Fan – Free

• Adam Steffes

I have a heavily used box fan that has run daily for 10+ hours for the last 3-4 years. The bearings are starting to go and it makes and intermittent growling noise that is enough to annoy you when trying to sleep. No stickers, 2 prong cord, blue in color. It has one decent scratch from tipping over into white painted trim. Free for pickup. Located in central Illinois.

Attachments:
    1. 13B96D33-2498-436F-95CA-5FBD848C6F94.jpeg

B-man

Is it heavy?

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Does it have reverse. I’d like to get one that sucks not blows .

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

If you can meet in Chicago I might be interested. We’ll need to meet somewhere with an outlet so I can test it.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Can I get one in purple instead of blue?

jime

Do you take trades?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you want one in purple, then it is guaranteed to suck. whistling

3Rivers

No unicorn, teddy bear or Kansas City Royals baseball club stickers? I’m out

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I want one with a unicorn sticker. Can this be added before delivery ?

Iowaboy1

you mentioned it was two prong plug in,does it have that one goofy blade that is larger than the other one??
    such a pita to find an outlet in the house where that thing will fit and it usually ends up being in the wrong place where the fan doesnt do you any good.

can you add some more white paint so that it looks like it has racing stripes before you deliver it??

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Can I just get the blades?

Adam Steffes

I think if you need reverse you could file the little wings down on the plug and then reverse the polarity so it would run backwards. If you didn’t have a file, you could remove the outlet and wire it backwards there. Just leave the faceplate off so you can change direction easier. Its one of the fancy 5 blade designs so that might not be compatible with some of the 4 blade fan motors out there. Might need to drop down the pitch a little or drill some vent holes near the hub to get it to come up to speed proper.

Adam Steffes

As for the aesthetic mods, my kids have plenty of stickers we could put on in the shape of racing stripes. Plenty of unicorns, but also princess stuff and disney characters. We could also toss a few gum wrappers in the cage to drown out the bearing noise. Racing stripes would up the price to 3$.

Adam Steffes

I feel like there is something going on here with all these requests for stickers on a free fan?!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>3Rivers wrote:</div>

I feel like there is something going on here with all these requests for stickers on a free fan?!

We have to have style

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Could you hold it for me, I plan to be in the area in May. Really could use a new box fan, would you be willing to ship it?

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

We really need video capability on this site. Would be nice to see/hear it run before making the drive.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

This went on for 135 pages on the last post I seen on a different fishing fourms. lol

Pailofperch

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pailofperch wrote:</div>

If you want one in purple, then it is guaranteed to suck. whistling

I understand. But I’m going to gift it to a friend who really likes purple. Glad I thought of that, I’ll need a gift receipt. Incase my friends needs to exchange it.

Pailofperch

We really need video capability on this site. Would be nice to see/hear it run before making the drive.

Agreed. I would like to recreate the seen from Tommy Boy when he is talking into the fan. If the acoustics aren’t right, not sure I’d make the 2 day trip to get this particular fan.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

If I changed the plug so I could plug it into a 240V outlet, do you think the bearing noise would go away?

Asking for a friend,,,,

HRG

Snake ii’s

Reverse the wires for it to run backwards

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How much air has this fan blown in its day?

Adam Steffes

How much air would a box fan blow if a box fan could blow air?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Will you deliver? I’m just outside of St. Paul, so probably not very far from you.

Grouse

AnotherFisherman

Does this have Bluetooth technology? might be interested

Adam Steffes

Bump – still haven’t found a new home for this used box fan. Lots of tire kickers but nobody willing to commit on a free fan? Might need to figure out how to recycle it.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Bump – still haven’t found a new home for this used box fan. Lots of tire kickers but nobody willing to commit on a free fan? Might need to figure out how to recycle it.

OK, I’ll take it off your hands for $10. In addition to paying me $10, you pay shipping.

This is a limited time offer.

Grouse

Deuces

Why’s the handle and fan controller white?

This some type of cheap knockoff?

Starting to look real sketchy at this point.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Wondering if you would consider a trade. I have a clock that won’t keep time anymore. I think it might just be a power issue, maybe you could wire in another battery to make it keep up? Anyway it a really nice clock, just needs some love. I do have a unicorn sticker I can add if that helps.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.