US Post Office Issues

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Missing letters. I have had several checks now go missing using the USPS lately. One incoming and two outgoing.
    Anyone have this happen? Canceling checks and overnighting replacements is not free.
    Going forward I will be forced to use UPS or Fedex just like one of my customer does for me.

Ripjiggen

Who uses the postal service and checks anymore?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I renewed my tabs online a month ago (6/20), and still haven’t got them. Between USPS and the DMV, I’m not sure who to blame!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

It’s Yogi Berra like…nobody uses the USPS anymore because they can’t keep up with all the mail they have to deliver!

We’ve had that problem suzuki. Been getting worse and worse. Not a lot of missing mail, but taking much longer.

Reef W

I renewed my tabs online a month ago (6/20), and still haven’t got them. Between USPS and the DMV, I’m not sure who to blame!

I did mine 6/22 and got them 7/1, yours sound lost.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A funny side note about the US post office. Most cities don’t meter their own mail anymore. Mail from here in Saint cloud and other local post offices has to be sent to the Twin cities metro to be sorted and then sent back to the local post offices to be delivered. I can send mail from here to California or Texas and have it arrive quicker than if I send it down the street to a location in the same town. It just seems silly to me.

Coletrain27

People who own/run businesses, sending invoices, receiving checks/invoices waytogo

CaptainMusky

A funny side note about the US post office. Most cities don’t meter their own mail anymore. Mail from here in Saint cloud and other local post offices has to be sent to the Twin cities metro to be sorted and then sent back to the local post offices to be delivered. I can send mail from here to California or Texas and have it arrive quicker than if I send it down the street to a location in the same town. It just seems silly to me.

Yes, this is absolutely ridiculous. Far from efficient.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

People who own/run businesses, sending invoices, receiving checks/invoices waytogo

Correct. All the ones I am familiar with in my business do it this way.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Same boat but ordered my tabs first week of June

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The postal service has had issues for a while now. They’ve been operating in the red for a long time and needed money from Congress to get bailed out even though technically they are supposed to be a self-funded agency. Right now they are also very understaffed.

I still use them for a few items on occasion but if I can avoid it, I do. Sometimes its unavoidable and you will lose something in the mail at some point.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

The postal service has had issues for a while now. They’ve been operating in the red for a long time and needed money from Congress to get bailed out even though technically they are supposed to be a self-funded agency. Right now they are also very understaffed.

I still use them for a few items on occasion but if I can avoid it, I do. Sometimes its unavoidable and you will lose something in the mail at some point.

and yet the federal government keeps sticking there nose in it’s business!! doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

and yet the federal government keeps sticking there nose in it’s business

I hear ya. I don’t want to sit here and rip on the postal service but I think a lot of their budget gets eaten up by retiree benefits that were agreed to many years ago. Do we really need mail 6 days/week? If anything give them the weekend off like other federal agencies. We do not need mail on Saturdays.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

Same boat but ordered my tabs first week of June

Might want to give them a call, it sucks and took an hour to get ahold of anyone, but they sent them to a previous address which I updated with the DMV about 2 years ago. And also made sure I entered my correct address when renewing them…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I hear ya. I don’t want to sit here and rip on the postal service but I think a lot of their budget gets eaten up by retiree benefits that were agreed to many years ago. Do we really need mail 6 days/week? If anything give them the weekend off like other federal agencies. We do not need mail on Saturdays.

I know a few different retired postal workers and you are correct those were some nice retirement benefits that they received. Good for them !!!!

You are correct we don’t need mail delivered 6 days a week. Give then the weekend off like most workers receive.

CaptainMusky

You are correct we don’t need mail delivered 6 days a week. Give then the weekend off like most workers receive.

USPS is delivering 7 days a week around me because of all the internet sales.

Reef W

USPS is delivering 7 days a week around me because of all the internet sales.

I think in most places they deliver priority express and amazon packages on Sunday but not regular mail.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

There is a usps mail box by my house that I used to use. It would get so full that when I open the flap I could have grabbed a hundred envelopes.

I like the usps app that lets me know what mail will be delivered to me each day.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Might want to give them a call, it sucks and took an hour to get ahold of anyone, but they sent them to a previous address which I updated with the DMV about 2 years ago. And also made sure I entered my correct address when renewing them…
    [/quote]

I have Friday off so I figured I would go get a duplicate set when I transfer a trailer license. I won’t be buying tabs online again

404 ERROR
    MN

Meanwhile, I’m over here wondering how I got 2 different packages of “machine parts” 3 days earlier than tracking initially stated…I’m also giggling that “machine parts” companies are mailing them via USPS. Really stickin’ it to em’ knowing they shipped something they’re banning next month. jester

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t think I’ve ever really had a issue with usps. Besides my missing tabs, not sure if that’s a dmv or usps. But I know the few people working at the postal service by our house and I’ll continue going there when needed

R Petersen

Between Covid loss of help. Retirees.
    AND
    All the BIG shippers DUMPING packages on them at free be prices ?

Sure the delays are longer & more wrong deliveries.

big_g
    Isle, MN

After moving to Maui twice and back… I have ZERO faith in the USPS.. they lost at least 4 of our Priority Box shipments and don’t even get me started about letters or bills. There is a warehouse in Atlanta FULL of lost or given up on mail. My wife mailed a parcel to herself one time… from MN to Maui and it was returned to her as “undeliverable”… the return address was the same as the one on the parcel. crazy doah shock

big_g
    Isle, MN

Between Covid loss of help. Retirees.
    AND
    All the BIG shippers DUMPING packages on them at free be prices ?

Sure the delays are longer & more wrong deliveries.

Yawn

Reef W

Most cities don’t meter their own mail anymore. Mail from here in Saint cloud and other local post offices has to be sent to the Twin cities metro to be sorted and then sent back to the local post offices to be delivered

That probably has to do with the 600+ sorting machines that got removed in last few years to “save money”? I think they should just quit pretending that the USPS is a business and fund it like the public service it is. Being able to send a letter to ANYWHERE in the US for 60 cents, or whatever it is now, is an amazing deal. Maybe there are viable alternatives for dense urban/suburban areas but UPS/FedEx won’t be delivering documents to the middle of nowhere for 60 cents if they’ll deliver at all.

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    Most cities don’t meter their own mail anymore. Mail from here in Saint cloud and other local post offices has to be sent to the Twin cities metro to be sorted and then sent back to the local post offices to be delivered

That probably has to do with the 600+ sorting machines that got removed in last few years to “save money”? I think they should just quit pretending that the USPS is a business and fund it like the public service it is. Being able to send a letter to ANYWHERE in the US for 60 cents, or whatever it is now, is an amazing deal. Maybe there are viable alternatives for dense urban/suburban areas but UPS/FedEx won’t be delivering documents to the middle of nowhere for 60 cents if they’ll deliver at all.

Totally agree with that statement!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s the best USPS story about lost mail I can share. This check was delivered to my office on 5/25/2021.

Chad Thompson mailed it to me April…2019.

I know my mailman pretty well. I asked him if he knew anything about it and all he could offer was that it showed up in his sorting tray just like any other piece of mail.

Better late than never, I guess.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220720-220146_2.png

Brittman

I was a victim of stolen mail. The postal inspector sent me a generic note … so I called him (Denver office) and told him how the letter was mailed and by the way the stamp was canceled.

Got his attention … guess he missed it.

There was a crime ring in the Twin Cities stealing mail from the inside. I believe the totals were in the 100Ks …

We were on the victims list so we were kept informed of the two guys trial, plea and sentencing via updates from the prosecution. There was also renumeration, but we did not lose anything real or perceived other than future trust.

Brittman

Here’s the best USPS story about lost mail I can share. This check was delivered to my office on 5/25/2021.

Probably should not show the guy’s check routing number and account number on a web forum.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

James Holst wrote:

Probably should not show the guy’s check routing number and account number on a web forum.

Thought the same thing when I saw the pic

They never seem to lose my junk mail. Just the things I want or give me a letter saying that my package is too large for them to deliver and I have to come in and get it. Only to find out that it was not too large, just there was not enough room on the truck for it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.