Has everyone packed it in for the season?

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I may try to get out one more time the weekend of the 14th. I am torn between pheasants and hitting the ice.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I was going this weekend but the temps scared me off.
    Now going to ice fish show Sat and maybe game farm Sunday.

neverhome
    Anoka county

I went out today. Birds were holding very tight. It was cold, but with a face mask it was not that bad. I was shocked that I saw 3 other groups in the areas I hunted. Will be back at it again tomorrow after a little pheasant risoto tonight!

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I hope so! I’m just about to start! Needed this snow to consolidate the birds a bid nothin like virgin ground in December

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I had hopes of chasing some more tail, but we added an addition to the family last Friday (a little girl), so between the sleepless nights and taking care of other responsibilities, I’m thinking I might be done.

[censored] season for me. Oh, well. There is always next year.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

I had hopes of chasing some more tail, but we added an addition to the family last Friday (a little girl), so between the sleepless nights and taking care of other responsibilities, I’m thinking I might be done.

[censored] season for me. Oh, well. There is always next year.

Congrats Ralph!

We have a trip planned for South Dakota next weekend.

Never hunted in single digit temps before.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Well, I’m sticking a fork into it and calling it a season.

I have had better seasons and was expecting this season to be worse than it was when listening to the media and hearing others lack of success.

I’m off to URL Friday.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

URL sure sounds good. I cant believe I keep missing it but its so far and there is only so much a person can do.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I still plan on hunting as much as I can.

I enjoy taking the pup out. Not to mention I have an agreement with the breeder that Bolt will take the natural ability field test next spring. I figure the more time in the field the better.

I’d rather drive an extra hour north and hit Lake Of The Woods.

Bigger perch, walleyes and sauger.

Not to mention lodging is limited on URL and I’d rather not stay in a sleeper.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.