This Weekend???

• average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Bobby you’re a rock star! That’s a great shot.

Amen to that one

That video was absolutly Sick

As far as things go I’m very limited with my experience of catching muskies on the cast

My best advise was one thing Bob touched on and that was CONSISTANCY I do an OVAL after everycast

I caught my first fish on a cast this year ( while in Canada ) and managed to boat another one the next day

I only got one opurtunity to catch one on the “8”. This fish followed around twice only to nip at the lure on the second straight away

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I am taking a break from packing. Anyone else chasing ditch chickens this weekend? I’m heading down tomorrow.

My scout sent me the text a few hours ago from the combine; “Starting to see some more birds!”. All week he has been harvesting corn, so I am anxious to get back at it with reduced cover.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Good luck! I’m not sure if we’re hunting this weekend or not. That’ll be great if the corn is down. A few weekends back we were hunting and a lot of the corn was still up. Still got a few birds tho.

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Not sure where you are going, but a tremendous amount of corn went down over the last week/week n 1/2 here in SC SW MN. Good luck, there should be enough crops out now to really help out

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m planning on a Saturday hunt. First of 2013!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Heading out soon.

Last text at 6:30 last night; “The birds are so thick, Netta got one with the combine this afternoon!”.

I am pumped.

We’ll be down in your area, Flatlandfowler.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Get some.

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Quote:

I am pumped.

We’ll be down in your area, Flatlandfowler.

Good Luck! I hope you get your birds

Drove Mankato to Mayer today, and then Mankato to ~I-90 around Windom tonight. More corn still standing north of the MN river, but not much left south of the river in that corridor. Very few fields left here in SC MN (Brown, Cottonwood, Watonwan, Martin, Blue Earth, Faribault, Nicollet counties); bit more going north of the river (Sibley, McLeod, Carver). Have not been SW (Rock, Nobles, Lyons, etc) since last week, but they are typically at or a touch infront front of SC MN for harvest.

If there are birds out there, you should bang um up this weekend guys

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Blanked. Saw one hen. Lots of corn still standing where we were.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.