The Look…

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Anyone else know what I’m talking about?

I try to get out hunting every day after work for an hour or so but with the days getting short, so are our trips. Since time is limited we’re forced to hunt right by my house which doesn’t throw odds in our favor but we do it anyway. I look at it as good filler/exercise between South Dakota and weekend day trips, but Maggie doesn’t care and bust’s her butt just as hard as any other hunt.

Yesterday she was birdy and gave me a perfect 30yard flush, crossing shot, and I missed….

When I called her off the bird she came back with the, “WTF” look on her face

Life goes on and I know I’m not a great shot, but I hate missing when the shots really count – not for me as much as for her. Especially on the short after work trips when we’re lucky to even see a bird.

Anyone else get ‘the look’ for your pup after some terrible shooting?

timmy

lol. I knew what this about before opening.

I have been the target of “the look” more times than I care to admit..

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

With all the training we put into our dogs you would think we can train away the look.

I don’t like to admit, but I get the same look from my wife once in a while

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

With all the training we put into our dogs you would think we can train away the look.

Just don’t miss and it’s a moot issue.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

First thing I thought of was the wife, but I have gotten the look from my labs before also. Just make sure you get IN front of them and follow through!!! …and if they are really close, swing through and cover ’em up and follow through.

Mark

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Just don’t miss and it’s a moot issue.

There was a season a few years ago when I hunted lots, and lots and I did not miss a bird all year… untilthe last day I was a little miffed at that one

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.