Pheasant Loads

• barc
    SE MN

mossydan, I agree with the fun and economy of reloading your own shotgun shells – kind of like catching a fish on a jig you poured, painted and tied. I have not purchased a lead shotshell for hunting in 30 years. An old friend who did alot of reloading set me up back then with the recipe I still use today… same MEC 600 Jr. in use today – AA hulls, #12 charge bar with Unique powder, Remington RP12 wads, 1 3/8 oz. of shot (I like to mix equal parts of 4 & 6 shot)….
    barc

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey barc, i’ve mixed shot too, it works. How about 4’s and 2’s for pheasants or ducks, or 4’s and bb’s for ducks or geese. 7 1/2’s and 4’s for long shot quail, it works! mix and match.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey barc, i’ve mixed shot too, it works. How about 4’s and 2’s for pheasants or ducks, or 4’s and bb’s for ducks or geese. 7 1/2’s and 4’s for long shot quail, it works! mix and match.

bassguy
    MANKATO

STEVE,
    I HEAR YOU THERE. I HAVE ACTUALLY SAWED A BIRD COMPLETLY IN HALF AT CLOSE RANGE WITH THESE SHOULDER BUSTERS.

bassguy
    MANKATO

STEVE,
    I HEAR YOU THERE. I HAVE ACTUALLY SAWED A BIRD COMPLETLY IN HALF AT CLOSE RANGE WITH THESE SHOULDER BUSTERS.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I use copper coated #4’s out of a Improved Cylinder choke. I use 1 1/4 oz. early in the year and 1 1/2 when they start jumping further out. The copper coated shot break allot of wings and with good dogs you won’t loose them.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I use copper coated #4’s out of a Improved Cylinder choke. I use 1 1/4 oz. early in the year and 1 1/2 when they start jumping further out. The copper coated shot break allot of wings and with good dogs you won’t loose them.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.