Payback time!

• norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

With the early december heavy snows I could foresee that the pheasants that are left are going to take a major hit this winter.In this area of the state we’ve had a 12″ blizzard in mid december and 20″ of snow during Christmas. The fields have crotch deep snow on the level. Wildlife is going to be very stressed! Lately I’ve seen large groups of pheasants on the road shoulders looking for food.Its way to early for that. I’ve decided to start feeding. So last weekend I found 3 areas that hold the majority of the birds in our area. Today I got on the phone to some of our areas sportsmen. I solicited several hundred dollars to buy corn and start a feeding program when the pheasant season is over. I urge other sportsmen to do the same if the birds in your area are begining to get stressed. It’s payback time!!!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

We do this every year for the birds

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great job! We supplement feed as well. However, I’m not sure if it’s payback for me because I didn’t get to hunt it his year.

pool5hunter
    South East,Mn

Hey have a small group of pheasants in my area and want to help them keep growing. What are you mostly feeding? Cracked corn? Do you make a feeder or broadcast? I don’t want to help the tree rats out. Thanks

lick

Great work Norseman

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.