First Whitetail Buck an 8 pt

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I know this isn’t fishing (but I am also a hunting guide) so I hope you guys around here will appreciate my good friend Larry Thiel and his son Josh with a nice 1 1/2 yr old 8 pt. whitetail buck shot this A.M. . Its Josh’s first buck. He shot it on a special youth hunt Michigan has for 14-16 yr olds. He used my (former) favorite Rem 700 LSS Mtn rifle in 7mm/08 w. 120 gr Nosler ballistic tips. IT was a perfect lung shot although the bullet disintegrated before exiting, leaving no blood trail. Josh is switching over to Partitions for an upcoming Antelope hunt .
    Larry has his boys into the right stuff. Way to go Josh!!!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tom:

I know this may not be the forum to talk muskies, but I have been up to the Cisco Chain already this fall and will be going again. Interested???

Mark

tom_gursky

I’d like to Mark but dont know if I’ll have time, just getting back from Colorado and getting stands ready for hunters.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tom:

If I had some time I’d come up and help!!! How was it CO? I am going to be down on the river on November 8. When was it I saw you were going down there?

Mark

tom_gursky

It looks like I will have to wait until around Thanksgiving. I have hunters up until then. I put my boat up Sat and we are getting heavy snow right now.
    Colorado was way to warm! We didn’t get a crack at any mature Bulls….should have brought my flyrod!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tom:

I’ll keep that in mind. Hoping that big buck will be mine by that time and there is some open water to try. Stay in touch!!! I have heard that the Bay is starting to heat up a little bit. We have several guys who come over from Minocqua to fish it this time of year.

Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.