UPGRADE

• eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Well, I bit the bullet this year and made the switch from “off the shelf” rods to custom ice rods. Gave John at TUCR a call about a month ago and had a good discussion about the types of fishing I do most often, and we came up with three rods that should handle MOST of my fishing. I was sick of lugging a half dozen rods with me every time I went fishing just because I needed slightly different rods for every application, as none of the ones I could find in stores ever seemed “perfect” to me. Here’s what we came up with: (all rods are 35″ with REC guides to double as in-shack and hole hopping rods”

#1 TUCR “Bullwhip”

Should handle All my panfish needs from a finicky bluegill bite to aggressive jumbo perch. THis rod has an amazing tip to feel the lightest bites, but still plenty of backbone for big perch and even walleyes on a tough bite.

#2 TUCR “Precision”

This rod will be my work-horse. Designed mostly for walleyes, fishing raps and spoons, etc.. After holding it in my hands though, could see this being a great panny rod as well, especially if they’re big, aggressive, and/ or deep. Super fast and sensitive blank the whole way through. This rod should have some awesome “snap” for fishing raps and such aggressively.

#3 TUCR “Lake Trout/ Pike”

The name kinda speaks for itself here. This is my future “laker-taker”. I have never really found a rod I really liked for laker fishing. Have always made due with whatever I could find. Therefore, this is the rod I am probably most psyched to try out. Feels like it has plenty of backbone to handle big baits and fish, but still sensitive enough for when those big fish are just “bumping” and “nudging” the bait instead of inhaling it.

I am EXTREMELY excited to try these rods out. The workmanship on them is amazing and John was an absolute pleasure to work with. After I get to use them a bit, I’ll write another review, but the first word that come to mind is “impressive”. Thanks again for all the guidance, John! You knocked it outta the park.

Attachments:
    1. photo-7.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nathan,
    I sure you will be nothing less than pleased with the performance on all three of these. I’ve had the pleasure of fishing with them on different bodies of water and I was quick to see what John and the guys put in for effort.

A buddy of mine ordered a pair for trout and I assuming that is the same rod your referring to as the Pike/trout rod. We had a great run on Lakers down at Lake Geneva this year and #7 raps and 3/4 Kastmasters were hot. Plenty of sensitivity to know exactly what the rap was doing 60′ down and every bit of backbone for driving ’em home.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.