Unethical taxidermist

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I am posting this in hopes that if someone in the Chippewa Falls area knows this guy they could tell him to do the right thing.
    In July of 2014 I dropped a 30″ walleye and a 60 dollar deposit to a guy name Dru Sikorski. A sports shop in Cameron WI suggested and recommended him. He told me I would have it back in 6 months.
    It is now 2016 and he has cut contact off with me. Money is no big deal but that was a beautiful fish that he probably has thrown in the garbage.
    i do not have an address for this guy. If anyone has it please drop me a PM
    Thx

mattgroff

That’s to bad man sorry to hear that. I just looked him up on Facebook looks like he lives in rice lake.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m a bit confused on why you wouldn’t have an address? Pretty standard to have documentation on any transaction like this with both parties contact info. Unless he moved and you did not receive forwarding info

Is this the guy in rice lake? https://www.facebook.com/dru.sikorski

This address came up in 2 different record searches

1415 3rd St Chetek, WI 54728-8931

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Thx
    There really isn’t much I can do at this point. Just do not anyone else treated the way I was. It’s a shame because I know he is a sportsman. I would be sick to my stomach if I treated someone that way. Plus waste a trophy fish unless he hung it in his wall

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That sucks Steve. Do yo have enough photos for a replica? Better yet just go catch another 30″ eye. Hope that happens soon for you. Maybe even a bigger one.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Thx
    There really isn’t much I can do at this point.

Really, Get a few boys and go on a road trip. Nobody would do that to me without a face to face.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

The fish on the left is the one he must have thrown away

Attachments:
    1. image8.jpeg

big_g
    Isle, MN

Douchebags come in all forms I guess….. flame I too would be paying him a visit… smash

Iowaboy1

if I lost a fish like that to some arseholes neglect or thievery,and he is not man enough to own up to it,it would be time for a blanket party.

no excuse for taking advantage of someone like that especially if they are regulated by the state to handle such a trophy,time to ask the DNR if they can help.

munchy
    NULL

It’s a shame because I know he is a sportsman.

I wouldn’t call him that…

A real sportsman wouldn’t treat a fellow sportsman that way. Also a real sportsman wouldn’t allow a fish of that caliber go to waste.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

time to ask the DNR if they can help.

YES,,,,,,,,,,, I’d certainly be filing a report with the proper authorities.

Jonesy

I live in Eau Claire which is 10 minutes from Chippewa falls. I’ve heard the name and he looks familiar. I think I talked to him at the Skeeter boat open house last year.

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

How about small claims case against him. If he doesn’t show you get a judgement against him, I’ve been quite successful in my 2 small claims cases.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Douchebags come in all forms I guess…..  :flame: I too would be paying him a visit… smash

Physical threats seem to move things in the right direction……….Yup, pay him a visit…RR

CaptainMusky

I had the same type of thing happen to me back in college. I had shot a Redhead, which was something unique for me and it was a beautiful bird. Everyone has woodies and mallards mounted, so I wanted this bird mounted. A buddy of mine set me up with this guy who was also a student who was getting into taxidermy so I gave him the bird and he said to expect it be completed come Fall.
    Well, Fall rolled around and when I ran into him I asked about it and he said “it was shot up real bad so I had to throw it”.
    First, I know it wasn’t shot up so one of two things happened 1) He screwed it up and had to chuck it 2) liked it and since he didn’t have one kept for himself.

I think it was #2. He was a HUGE waterfowl hunter and a Redhead was one bird he didn’t have.
    I have a feeling the same thing happened to you with your walleye.
    The guy kept for himself and is using it to drum up additional business.

Nice Fella

I think you really have to do your homework when looking for a reputable taxidermist, especially for the first time. I know there are many very good and professional shops out there, but there are also some scumbags as well. I had a terrible time with a shop in NW Wis, took 2 years and about 100 phone calls and visits to his shop to get my bear rug done. I’ve heard several other horror stories as well. Maybe you have to pay a little more, but with a trophy that is important to you, it’s worth it.

buck-slayer

Did you accidentally catch that fishing for bass? Maybe you could get a replica made.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

That sticks that you have to mess with that.

Regarding getting your fish, I would call Artistic Anglers in Duluth and get a replica made. I know it’s not a skin mount of your fish but I think you’d be very happy.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

I live in Eau Claire which is 10 minutes from Chippewa falls. I’ve heard the name and he looks familiar. I think I talked to him at the Skeeter boat open house last year.

…With all the publicity he has been getting here on IDO. I would doubt he will be at the SBC Open house this coming Sat. the 9th. But butt ya never know. … rrr

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I wonder if anyone from SBC knows this guy. I would give them a call just to see if they could give you any info.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I did some asking around here and didn’t come up with anything about him. The taxidermist that was at our open house last year was NOT him. It was dream catcher taxidermy out of Eau Claire.

big_g
    Isle, MN

dream catcher… not dream crusher devil

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Regarding getting your fish, I would call Artistic Anglers in Duluth and get a replica made. I know it’s not a skin mount of your fish but I think you’d be very happy.

Totally agree. Not sure I would ever mess with the vagaries and PITA factor of fish taxidermy when the replica makers are SO dang good. I’ve seen these guys at sport shows where they have side-by-side displays of the taxidermy fish and the same fish in a replica. Sure, there are tiny differences, but no way can I say for sure which is which. On a wall on its own, nobody viewing it would ever know.

Grouse

Jason Beaulieu

Would have to second Eric on that. This is NOT the Taxidermist that we had set-up here at our open house last year.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I do not have a receipt for anything. Physical threats are out of the question. Was hoping that some internet shaming might at least make him reach out and tell me what is going on. He is a fellow ‘sconnie guy and I didn’t think he would screw me over like this.
    He had 1000 excuses of why it wasn’t done but at least there was dialogue. Haven’t heard from him in 6 months
    Thx for all the suggestions and yes I was bass fishing. Caught both those fish on tubes! 😬

big_g
    Isle, MN

When I say “pay a visit”.. that means go tell him, you want your fish back and if you don’t get it… you will warn as many people about him and his practices as possible. That shows him you are serious, more than a text or phone message…. I do not suggest a beating with a baseball bat doah

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

When I say “pay a visit”.. that means go tell him, you want your fish back and if you don’t get it… you will warn as many people about him and his practices as possible. That shows him you are serious, more than a text or phone message…. I do not suggest a beating with a baseball bat  :doah:

I do…RR

big_g
    Isle, MN

Hardly worth assault charges to me… it wasn’t a 32″ er… smirk

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

agreed! you would not believe what a small river those came out of. guess you just never know when you will get a trophy. have caught walleye there but always small

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.