Under Cover Guide Rattle wheels

• mark Mason

I saw these rattle wheels at the Ice Show this past weekend and almost bought them. I’m wondering how they perform in the field. They mount under the hole grate and against the wall of your sleeve so there is no vertical line in your shack up 5 feet to a wall mounted rattle wheel.

The biggest benefit I see is that my Daughter likes to bring her kitten along and he thinks it’s fun to play with the line in the middle of the night, ringing the bells and waking Grandpa up in seconds. Mounting under the hole grate would reduce his access to the reel and line. Anyone use these? Are they easy to use to move out of the way and pull fish up through the sleeve?

Smellson

I made my own version with existing rattle reels I had. With kids running around it’s impossible to keep lines above the hole covers without them constantly getting pulled. Works great. They are definitely quieter when they are that low and you have to be good about clearing the hole enough that the wheel doesn’t rub against the ice shavings. I’m able to fit my fingers through the hole covers to give the fish some line before I lift the covers as well

MNdrifter

They work great. Only problem is when rattle reel goes off, it’s sometimes hard to figure out which one went off. Especially at night, so you know who’s got to get out of bed to catch the fish. When paired with a light up rattle reel like the northern lights ones, solves that problem. Sometimes, your wife won’t get out of bed to catch her own fish and tells you to get it. Then gets mad at you when you ask her to take your picture with her would be fish….. whistling

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0059-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.