Unbelievable

• Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

I whitnessed first hand. Ill never give Rocky 1$. They plowed a pile, drilled holes to flood ice right next to houses. Who and the hell…leaving people stranded, cuz they dont like the neighbors

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

Rocky reef. Worst resort ethics.

Ripjiggen

Sorry has to be more to the story.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Saw the video Randy had on Facebook.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

His war with the neighbor is getting insane. We watched them scream at each other last year over a road that was plowed next to his. But they both come completely unglued. Very unprofessional. And now what you said is even worse. That’s messing with customers, not cool.
    That and he tried charging me and my son 20 each to hike out. My kid was 10 lol.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

Is the owner of Rocky Reef still John Odle AKA “Rock Man” & family?
    I know he had it for sale for a long time, at one time.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Resorts have gotten out of control. The road systems and them claiming “territory” or “area” on the ice is just too much. Sure, I appreciate them plowing accesses, sharing first-hand knowledge of the ice and whatnot and will gladly pay the cost of using their access.

Attempts to fight over areas, regulate who uses what roads once on the ice, control where spots are plowed or not plowed, etc. carry no legal weight. Many seem to forget this.

Ripjiggen

No I don’t believe the Rockman is around there anymore.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>The_Bladepuller wrote:</div>

No I don’t believe the Rockman is around there anymore.

I used to stop in once a while and thought he was a decent guy. It seemed like the hard core west side guys would hang there. Kinda like Nitti’s for the east siders.
    I read in the Messenger, I believe, how Odle got caught in a storm in his tiller rig coming back from Garrison.

Most ice operations respect tacit boundaries. Ben’s crew stays away from the area Lyback’s have used for years. Brandts are all alone.
    Last weekend I went up to Kathio St Park with my youngest & hubby to watch the youngest grand kid slide. I was really surprised at the # of houses out at Randy’s/ Rocky Reef accesses. Too much traffic & pressure in a restricted in shore area.

Ripjiggen

Yeah seems like Randy’s is the first to start making roads over there. He always seems to have houses out early.
    Since they can not get far I am guessing they are fighting over the reef and what areas are who’s. It a big reef but not when it’s the only place you can get to.

Aboxy17

Snowmobile and portable is by far the best way to fish the pond getting away from wheelhouse traffic makes it so much more enjoyable It’s a tricky situation because in reality the resorts don’t own any of the lake. I stayed at Randy’s one time you definitely get what you pay for but it was not bad. I have heard stories of him losing it for years.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Well I guess you helped me make my decision, was thinking about using them this weekend, but don’t need to be part of a resort war. WTF shock

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I haven’t paid much attention to this yearly deal, but basically Rocky Reef doesn’t like having competition? Or what’s the deal with the annual feud?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If you look at Randy’s roads he ran them right to Rocky Reef. Not sure if that is what he usually does, I fish the east side most of the time.

Ripjiggen

They are right next to each other. They are limited how far out the can get their roads right now. Guessing the are fighting over the reef out in front of their places. They are probably both running out of room.
    You know your typical neighbor feud. jester

dirtywater

I remember when I was a kid, me and my buddies got into a turf war with another crew from around the block over some prime fort-building areas in the woods near our house. Each crew would sabotage whatever the other built, including err, “marking our territory.” None of us owned the woods, but we all felt like it was ours.

We were 9 years old that summer. So, what’s these dudes excuse?

Riverrat

When I was a kid we fought over prime sledding routes down the back alley. I got into it with a kid and slipped and fell on a concrete block. Went home and had a slice in my leg that took 24 stitches to fix. Turf wars are fun.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

They are still 9 mentally. That’s their problem.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dirtywater wrote:</div>

They are still 9 mentally. That’s their problem.

You can’t fix stupid…fighting over areas and roads on a lake that are as much mine living hours away as they are “theirs”

MX1825

Don’t know anything about this but there is always 2 sides to every argument. Sounds like everyone should avoid both parties in this $–t$how.

Fowldreams55398

Of course both sides have a story. The all worthy ground is Indian Point. Rocky Reef was there first. Randy started his operation over a decade ago and Indian Point is closer to his resort so he’s the first there now for a road and hence the battle that is upon them. The sad part is that innocent paying customers through both resorts have now got involved in a unsafe situation.

Aboxy17

The problem is there is not enough structure in the area to divide between the two. Drive 10 miles up the road and there is more structure than you could ever wish for.

MNdrifter

It’s an annual thing. Usually a fight over Indian point first, then 8 mile. This year as soon as Randy got on the ice he plowed straight over to Rocky Reef. Now he’s playing victim all over social media. He F’d around and found out I think. I don’t believe creating hazards are acceptable either. Someone is going to get hurt, then Government will get involved.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Is the old man still in charge over at rocky reef? I remember him being a grumpy old sole to begin with.

If it’s his kid I’d imagine the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree living in that environment.

Not saying RR is wrong here but he never seemed to be one to deescalate.

CaptainMusky

Really makes one want to patronize those places.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.