Two friends can use some prayers (Ukraine)

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I got a few texts from a buddy that is on his way back to Ukraine. He, and others asked that I don’t give any details for names, where or how they are entering back.

He has nearly his entire family still in Ukraine. His parents brought him, his brother and sister here to the US back around late 90s. He and his brother have frequently gone back to visit.

He’s made his journey back and he was on the boarder last night. To his surprise he met about 50 mercenaries also heading in. Guys from different countries are destroying their identifications so they can not be associated to any UN country. This also means no way out.

His old neighborhood has been bombed and all he knows is there is virtually nothing left there. As of last night, he’s had no contact with any family there. He’s left his wife and kids behind to return to fight for his family. His brother just left to go back to Ukraine as well.

I know these guys well and I would undoubtedly trust them with my life. I just have such a rotten feeling about their fate. God, please look after them and continue their courage to do the right thing.

catmando
    wis

Prayers for all, Tears me up.

Ron S

Will remember those in such a tough situation in my prayers.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Prayers sent Randy. Keep us posted on their journey.

MNdrifter

Godspeed to them. Prayers for them and their family.

milemark_714

Prayers sent Randy,they really need them.

CaptainMusky

Prayers to all of those in Ukraine. Hopefully they remain safe and this can end soon.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thoughts and prayers sent. Can’t imagine what they are going through.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Godspeed to them, and kudos to them for their sacrifice. I’d like to think I’d do the same in their situation, but actually doing it is a different thing. May the odds (and Nato support) be in their favor.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I got scattered texts yesterday as he asked to use others’ phones. So was bizarre to see all the different phone numbers. Obviously their was personal things concerning his wife and kids. Has taken most of today to actually sink in for me. Sounds like there are guys coming from all over. They get an out to turn around and go home. Once they choose to cross over and go in they are giving up all identification and all ability to leave. I’m humbled. Blessed to know some super bad ass people. I don’t know that I could leave my wife and kids and walk into this

dirtywater

Sounds like there are guys coming from all over. They get an out to turn around and go home. Once they choose to cross over and go in they are giving up all identification and all ability to leave. I’m humbled. Blessed to know some super bad ass people. I don’t know that I could leave my wife and kids and walk into this

Can you shed some more light on this? He travelled from the US. Is he a US citizen or still a Ukraine citizen? And you’re saying he has to surrender his identity to get into Ukraine and can’t leave once he’s in? Can you explain why? I’m not questioning the truth of your statements, just trying to understand the situation more clearly here.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>
    Sounds like there are guys coming from all over. They get an out to turn around and go home. Once they choose to cross over and go in they are giving up all identification and all ability to leave. I’m humbled. Blessed to know some super bad ass people. I don’t know that I could leave my wife and kids and walk into this

Can you shed some more light on this? He travelled from the US. Is he a US citizen or still a Ukraine citizen? And you’re saying he has to surrender his identity to get into Ukraine and can’t leave once he’s in? Can you explain why? I’m not questioning the truth of your statements, just trying to understand the situation more clearly here.

US citizen and those of NATO. You have US citizens or soldiers caught killing Russians, world war three.

craig s

My thoughts are with your friends and all who are doing the same!
    Plz keep us posted.

basseyes

Gave me chills reading that. Thoughts and prayers.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.