two fatties

• louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Heres my buddy Tom Anderson with a pair of bigguns fifteen minute apart on plastics in shallow water….. man what a fun day..
    Plastics and getting away from the crowds paid off.. both caught photoed and released..

Attachments:
    1. 2015-04-04-18.27.38.jpg

2. 2015-04-04-17.53.00.jpg

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Dang, I was expecting a shot of Hillary’s cankles.

Nice fish!!!

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

The fish on the right sure doesn’t have much of a gut for a prespawn female but it sure has good shoulders. Both beautiful healthy looking fish. waytogo

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

The fish on the right sure doesn’t have much of a gut for a prespawn female but it sure has good shoulders. Both beautiful healthy looking fish. waytogo

Yea the question was tossed around with it being a male or she already dropped eggs…??

CPRbigeyes
    Iowa

Awesome fish! I lost two big ones on Friday/ Saturday. Those hooks on the blade baits sure suck. cry

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Awesome fish! I lost two big ones on Friday/ Saturday. Those hooks on the blade baits sure suck. cry

A file in the ole arsenal to sharpen hooks is priceless ..especially when snagging rocks..

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Thats what I was wondering too Louis. Both scenarios are possible but unlikely right? That would be one helluva male… but not impossible. Seems too soon for them to be dropping but not unheard of.

I’ll throw the potential for a third possibility out there. I caught a couple of eyes during late ice a couple years ago. They were upper-teen fish and didn’t have much for bellies so I kept them to eat. Upon cleaning them, I found that they didn’t have milt sacs but they did have what appeared to be egg sacs that never developed. They were just long orange-ish sacs. The fish looked healthy enough other than that. Don’t have an explanation… just an observation. Sorry don’t mean to hijack your thread.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

very nice fish!! applause

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Thats what I was wondering too Louis. Both scenarios are possible but unlikely right? That would be one helluva male… but not impossible. Seems too soon for them to be dropping but not unheard of.

I’ll throw the potential for a third possibility out there. I caught a couple of eyes during late ice a couple years ago. They were upper-teen fish and didn’t have much for bellies so I kept them to eat. Upon cleaning them, I found that they didn’t have milt sacs but they did have what appeared to be egg sacs that never developed. They were just long orange-ish sacs. The fish looked healthy enough other than that. Don’t have an explanation… just an observation. Sorry don’t mean to hijack your thread.

No highjack..lol. useful info!! Thanks for sharing

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Great looking fish boys!! Gonna try to get out this weekend on the Wisconsin River..

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Looks post spawn to me, her egg dropper is exploded out. At 52 degree water, if her eggs are mature she will let em go. Earlier then normal but plenty warm enough water and an early full moon as well if you believe in that theory. i think we will see a lot of post spawn by weeks end..

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Which plastics Louis???

Mark

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Very nice CPR !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.