Twins 2023 Thread

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

When he lifts his leg for his windup it would probably fall off

I mean he broke his toof eating a steak so not far fetched. heard today from Lavelle, he has a cyst on his bad knee and is getting a cortisone injection. at this point just shoot some tussin in there and see what happens

eyeguy507
    SE MN

holy shhhhhh

Varland in the pen has added 2-3 mph on his 4 seamer! if he buys in to being a reliever, he has some nasty to him and 98 plus. that loss of Stewart might sting less?

slough

Sounding like Stewart might make it back by the playoffs, which would be nice. Sure hope Lewis can stay healthy the next 10 years, he is a fun talent to watch.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah Varland looks like he could be really good in the pen. Starting pitch mix and 98 fastball. That’s tough.

I hope they start him next season though. They are still going to need starting pitching in the pipeline over the next couple years.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

caught the last 3 innings and they almost pulled it out with the rallies in the 8th and 9th. would be nice to see a sweep once. seems like it has not happened all year.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Atlanta is 40 some games over .500 and the Twins are 7 games over. So no, not many sweeps on their part. grin

Great thing is the Twins could play the Braves in the World Series should they get hot in the play-offs and keep pitching.

FryDog62

Looks like Lewis was just diagnosed with Buxton-itis bawling

Ripjiggen

Brutal the amount the Twins get injured.

JoeMX1825
    MN

HUGE sigh of relief to know Royce Lewis ONLY strained his hammy… I think we all immediately thought the worst that it was his knee again… Twins will wrap up the division in the next few games so he’ll have plenty of time to heal up before the playoffs.

Might we see a Brooks Lee callup?

Brittman

Tim Laudner was pretty good after the Twins game last night.

Basically said … running to first is an inherent part of baseball and players should not be getting hurt running to first.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Looks like Lewis was just diagnosed with Buxton-itis

I was thinking the same thing but Royce produces when he’s in the line up. Rocco would have pulled him after the swing when Royce first felt it.

Anxious to see what shape Target Field is in for Friday’s game after the not-needed football game played their last Saturday. Probably look like a patchwork quilt.

CaptainMusky

Now Correa to IL. Its time to sit a bunch of these guys the magic number is 3.

FryDog62

The daunting factor here is that arguably the Twins 3 most talented players (Buxton, Correa, Lewis) are hurt and/or unable to play. For a team that is looking for its first playoff win in a couple of decades, well – it feels like I’ve seen this movie before…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

My bet is they don’t play the rest of the regular season and Correa and Lewis will start game one of the playoffs. I don’t buy Buxton coming back for the playoffs. Starting someone who hasn’t faced MLB pitching in 3 months is not a good idea.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Starting a playoff game after two weeks off is not ideal either.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Better than not having them.

CaptainMusky

With their current injuries I would take the time off over playing through them. Magic number now 1.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Nice of Cleveland to come back and win their game tonight allowing the Twins the opportunity to clinch the division on the field vs an off day…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

tuned into a few innings tonight and I can’t help but notice now Varland is hitting triple digits on his fastball. this is a promising kid that topped out at 95 as a starter so it will be huge to have him shore up the pen in the playoffs.

Ripjiggen

The most quiet division championship.
    This team needs a post season win and competitive series so bad.

slough

Definitely doesn’t feel like a big accomplishment winning the division but it gets the job done and nice to have a week to get some rest especially for the bullpen. Sure hope Correa and Lewis can get healthy enough for the playoffs; doesn’t sound great for Lewis as hammies usually take more than 10 days.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

From the interviews and reports I’ve seen it sounds like Lewis is more likely to miss a couple playoff games than Correa. I think this team will win at least one game and if they don’t play the Rays, they have a good shot at winning the first round.

Ripjiggen

Huh Lavelle was on the radio yesterday and said the opposite. Said Royce is already doing drills, but yeah hammy can be tricky.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that LaVelle doesn’t have a clue about much.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Reusse is the best baseball writer in town and has been for decades.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Reusse is the best baseball writer in town and has been for decades.

He’s good but senile. He gets in his own way most of the time.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Thought Lavelle said it was his groin not hammy? Either way they will have to push him out there in a wheelchair if they want a legit shot at winning.
    I think Carlos and Royce will be ready. Taylor is back, hope Stewart is ready? Buston will be out there with his pom poms.

Sonny
    Ryan
    Pablo
    Ober

LETS GO!

Ripjiggen

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that LaVelle doesn’t have a clue about much.

Most are background noise on the radio. Just happened to catch that part and was optimistic and then saw your post and wasn’t.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

So Royce jumping around in the clubhouse was just adrenaline, same with Correa?

They have nothing to gain at this point, better to bring up someone else that might help verse even attempting to put either in the lineup.

I’ll still bet a first round loss in game 3.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,471 through 1,500 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.