TURO Car Rental

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Anybody used TURO to rent a car vs car rental companies? Heading to AZ/NV and happened to see the TURO offers… a lot cheaper than the big brands.

Appreciate it.

Pete

Brent Siebenaler

I haven’t used it personally but have family and friends who have. From anything I’ve heard it was a smooth process and worked well for them. But they also didn’t encounter any “emergencies”, such as engine trouble, accident etc. That’s always been my biggest concern with trying it. If misfortune arises with a regular rental car they have to get me a replacement car sent out and I continue on my trip. With a private party rental I’m guessing a guy is stuck trying to make other arrangements mid trip.

I usually find the best rental rates on rentalcars.com….but when I find something that looks like what we need I always double check what the price would be to book direct through whatever company.

gimp

Is TURO like Rent-a-Wreck? Maybe not top of the line cars with more miles but have used them and worked good for less money.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Turo is a private person to person rental

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Is TURO like Rent-a-Wreck? Maybe not top of the line cars with more miles but have used them and worked good for less money.

g

Actually is it’s kinda the opposite, all sorts of cars but I think what there know for is high end rentals, my brother in law had is Audi enrolled in it, and also would rent nice cars on travel through them.

mojogunter

I have used turo four times. All worked well. Rented a mustang GT, a Alfa Romeo Giulia, a dodge challenger, and a Mercedes 550S. Big thing is to make sure they know where and when you want to get and drop off the vehicle. I would also look to make sure the person has several positive feedback.

Bige1909

Have used turo twice and would highly recommend it. I was nervous the first time but went smooth. I have used renters with high user ratings. Smooth, cheaper, and was able to add on coolers and a booster seat when needed. As mentioned above, make sure to watch where the pick up is, many times drop off at the airport is an extra charge (I have only rented with free drop off at the airport). Some airports now have specific parking lot areas for companies such as Turo.

Way cheaper than rental companies and you actually get the car you choose.

tswoboda

It’s like AirBNB but for vehicles.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve used Turo several times and it was a good experience each time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.