Got my fan back

• flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Made it over to pick up my fan from this spring. Really happy with the way it turned out. Looking forward to getting it on the wall behind the big boy

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Very cool. Do you guys have many turkey down that way?

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Looks great, like the mounting hardware too. There’s lots out there, but most are pretty cheap and ugly IMO.

Joel

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Quote:

Do you guys have many turkey down that way?

Theres getting to be more and more. Up along the Minnesota River valley there are alot of birds. But when you travel this far out onto the prairie, the birds are much less numerous. When they started allowing hunting here (something like 10-12 years ago), they were giving 10 tags a season for a 1 and 1/2 county area. Before they restructured the seasons last year they were giving 15 tags a season for that same land area.

The birds really seem to be utilizing the MN River tributary corridors to expand, and thus populate areas, as you progress into this part of the state. We tend to hold a few birds (1-5 a year) due to the amount of work we have done to our property to benefit wildlife. I am not much of a turkey hunter as I have only been at it for 5 years now, but it is very rewarding to take a bird, given our populations, and know that it is very strongly correlated to the work that I have done on our property.

I was fortunate enough to take this bird as my 3rd in 5 years. First year I shot a big guy, second year I got heard drawing my bow, 3rd year I sat sun up to sun down each day and never saw or heard a bird, 4th year I got a jake, and this last season I got this 2 year old.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.