Type of Hunters

• alanmdk

We usually prefer to roost birds the evening before and kind of plan where to hunt from there, but a lot of times while hunting out of state we can’t. I know a lot of guys that set up a blind on a food plot and just wait. What is the method that you prefer?

CW

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Run and gun is my favorite method.

I spend my fair share of time in a blind waiting it out too; only when I have people with me that aren’t mobile or very young.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I’ve never “Run and Gun” b/c i’ve never used a gun But i’ve stalked with a bow and that can be a rush if you get close I would have killed a few toms if i had a gun

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

If I gun hunted, it would be run and gun but seeing I only bowhunt, it’s sit and wait I have had some luck with a “modified” run and gun with a bow. Locate birds and guess were they are going and try get ahead of them and set up and sit and wait…..

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Time spent in the blind can be long and tedious occasionally, but it’s also some of my favorite. Ribbing your buddy etc…

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

I have very limited access to scout the land that I hunt. So, I usually set up in known travel areas, then move later in the day if I need to. I dislike hunting in blinds and only set one up if the weather is going to be nasty.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Iusually put them to bed the night before then set up on them in the morning. I give it about an hour, if they don’t come my way I put the bow down and run and gun

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Rarely will I sit at “Point-A” when I can hear a vocal bird at “Point-B”. Unless I have a bow in my hand. Even still, I do my best not to disrespect a turkey by hunting it like a deer!

Joel

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Quote:

Even still, I do my best not to disrespect a turkey by hunting it like a deer!

Joel

Pretty bold statement for a QDMA member !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.