I guess I’m bow hunting this spring.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Me too

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I’m in. The boy and I will be giving them the beans.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Looks like I’ll be out there for “B” season!!!

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Come on man , not that I “deserve” to draw on my first attempt but I am pretty sure not enough people even put in for the past 2 years in my area so they had surplus gun tags? Thanks for the update Dennis. So…how impossible is it to run and gun with a bow? That is an oxymoron… I think !

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Time in a blind with me is priceless. Just get accustomed to that fact and you’ll enjoy the season much more.

Actually as Jason Ramthun pointed out, they sell over the counter tags for seasons 4-8. How many, is unclear to me at this point. So, we may be able to use the big hammer yet.

Running and gunning with a bow is challenging to say the least, but the later seasons do offer more cover as the foliage grows. I think success is simply getting a shot off and killing a bird is secondary. Who knows, we might be so busy with food plots by then we can just hunt from the tractor.

jbeabout

I just checked and my group was drawn for the D season! This will be my first year trying with a bow.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Looks like over the counter for me

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

over the counter for this guy and if the season continues my guess is fishing will be to good for me to pass up……sounds like im camera man for a couple buddies tho

lick

It baffles me how hard it is to draw a tag in MN (the so called good side of the river)

Here in WI I have hunted A season for about 7 years in a row and can’t remember the last time I didn’t draw a tag.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Sweet the wife got drawn …and Pat…who ever said this was the “good side of the river” Ill trade you sides anytime ..good luck this spring!

coppertop
    Central MN

My first early season ever! Whoohoo!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Looks like I’m in. Season “C” in 501…Preference level # 2
    I’m stoked…can hardly wait….

marsh_monster
    Metro

Quote:

Same…

deertracker

Spring wild turkey license lottery results
    We’re sorry. Your number (%&^%*&^%$) was not drawn in this year’s lottery.

Your preference level is 2.
    Your group preference level is 1.

Fine, I’ll hunt with a bow then.
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster

Just to re-iterate what I stated above, seasons 4-8 are over the counter, unlimited tags any weapon. I’m really questioning this management decision, but it is what it is this year. I hope they re-think these bigger zones and the unlimited tags. I just can’t see this being good for the flock statewide.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

Just to re-iterate what I stated above, seasons 4-8 are over the counter, unlimited tags any weapon. I’m really questioning this management decision, but it is what it is this year. I hope they re-think these bigger zones and the unlimited tags. I just can’t see this being good for the flock statewide.

Correct me if I am wrong.

General Seasons(Any weapon) 4-8 (E-H) are sold as surplus licenses but are good only for the season you select. You can only purchase 1 tag.

Archery tags (Season E-H) are good for the length of all 4 time periods. People selected in the lottery can not purchase an archery tag.

I guess that’s the way I understand it. Am I correct?

kooty
    Keymaster

That is my interpretation too Dennis. Also, if you buy a gun tag for any particular season 4-8, you can NOT buy an archery tag. Meaning, only 1 turkey kill per spring.

wild_thang
    Minnesota

Well I was lucky enough to get drawn for season C turkey hunting but it sounds to me, Kooty and Todders, that the two of you need a hotel room-not a blind! But have a good time and let me know how it goes! Bob said………..

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

The ol man and I drew our tags for A season! Havent hunted that early in a while but cant wait

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I’m in! Season B but I gotta bow hunt on that farm, no guns allowed!

todders
    Shoreview, MN

The gloves are off wild thang! With only coyotes being in season I can sense the level of smack talk rising quickly around here . Going to be a long winter .

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

The gloves are off wild thang!

Todd, I think she will be paying for dinner Monday night You had better order the most expensive thing on the menu

clicker

505 A for me! First time I have hunted first season, I have always been C season.

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

502 C this year but afraid its going to be a hot summer weekend at the rate this weather is changing this year. Had to resort to trout fishing in the snow last year on opener.

clicker

The reason for choosing A for a season this year was:
    1. the mild winter would bring early spring.
    2. a wet cold spring to keep the yuppies at home.
    3. no skeeters

Now after seeing he weather pattern. we already have a crap ton of skeeters, and I don’t see it being cold and rainy. I also am hoping this warm weather will kick start the mating season a bit early. I am seeing toms strutting like crazy already.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.