Lightning struck 3 times.

• norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

After I got my gobbler 15 minutes into season A and my son Dustin got his gobbler 15 minutes into season B my son Adam had high expectations for season C. Well as you all know murphys law applies to hunting. As Adam approached his stand Saturday morning he found another hunter setting up a blind. Trespassing!!!!!! After a brief confrontation the other guy left and so did the gobblers we put to bed the night before.The wind picked up tp 30 mph most of Saturday and rained most of Sunday.Went back this morning and blew a coyote howler. Instant response! YES! we set up 100 yards from the roost tree and teased the gobblers with light purrs and clucks. Did a simulated wing flapping and a few cackles. Within seconds a whole flock of turkeys flew off the roost to within a few yards of us. Some light purrs brought the big gobbler in full strut up to within shooting range. BOOM! Adams prise was a big chested gobbler that weighed 23# had a 9 ” beard and 1″ spurs. 3 for 3 with-in a 5 acre area. yes lightning does strike 3 times! NWTF score 61

lick

Wow that is the spot forsure Congrats

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s awesome! Congrats to Adam!

Not too many people can say they killed 3 toms in the first 3 seasons on a 5 acre patch!

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Great Job Guys

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Awesome job. You are having quite the season. So was the trespasser a neighbor or something? You wonder how often that was happening then. Anyway, congrats on your successful 3 hunts!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Kill-spot, death-zone, whatever you want to call it, you’ve got it! Along with the added knowledge, patience, and prowess to make it all come together. Mark Strand wrote an article a few years back regarding this, and I really agree. Kudos to you for observing and finding it, and for doing what it takes to help the other pieces of the puzzle come together. Congrats X3!

Joel

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Better get that lightning in a bottle!!! All three are great hunts!!!

Mark

coppertop
    Central MN

Congrats to him!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

great job, and ‘way to stand your ground’ with the trespasser! Very nice bird and great job working them to you.
    Been out with the neighbors son turkey hunting and we’ve had to stop ‘chasing birds’ because we did not have the permission to go any further in our pursuit. (couldn’t get the permission either ) But I respect land owners/renters rights and I was sure to instill that to the youngster too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.