j_d
    Warroad, MN

One more

j_d
    Warroad, MN

One more

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

That beard picture looks a little suspect, we can’t see the other end of the ruler Is this the famous hold the fish far away from your body??? Just Kidding.

Looks like a great bird. Did you get a weight on that baby?

The only problem with a short season, is that it is done

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

That beard picture looks a little suspect, we can’t see the other end of the ruler Is this the famous hold the fish far away from your body??? Just Kidding.

Looks like a great bird. Did you get a weight on that baby?

The only problem with a short season, is that it is done

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Congrats JD…great looking bird. Lets hear the story behind this short season.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Congrats JD…great looking bird. Lets hear the story behind this short season.

shayla

Nice bird, it’s beard is almost as long as my mother-inlaws.

shayla

Nice bird, it’s beard is almost as long as my mother-inlaws.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

So I decided it was time to bring the girlfriend along hunting so she could find out why I enjoy this sport so much. Early on lots of gobbles, birds flew down, 3 gobblers, couple of jakes, 5 hens. Gobblers would not respond to calling so I stopped. Decided it was time to enjoy the morning and hope for the best. As the turks were strutting around, a couple of bucks, with horns just starting to grow decided to join the turks. I have never seen anything like it. For about three minutes the birds and deer looked like they were playing a game of tag. The deer ended up breaking up the flock. Goblers and jakes slowly started coming my way. At this point both deer were convinced something was hiding in the brush. They both sat there sniffin’ around, didn’t spook though. Finally the jakes were in range, seeing how this was morning number one, I decided to wait. Ten minutes later the largest bird in the flock came in range and boom goes the dynamite, season over. After a long discuusion with the girlfriend about how this is not how hunting usually works we tagged the bird and left. Beautiful morning.
    Didn’t not get him weighed. Beard may be suspect but that is fine with me.

j_d
    Warroad, MN

So I decided it was time to bring the girlfriend along hunting so she could find out why I enjoy this sport so much. Early on lots of gobbles, birds flew down, 3 gobblers, couple of jakes, 5 hens. Gobblers would not respond to calling so I stopped. Decided it was time to enjoy the morning and hope for the best. As the turks were strutting around, a couple of bucks, with horns just starting to grow decided to join the turks. I have never seen anything like it. For about three minutes the birds and deer looked like they were playing a game of tag. The deer ended up breaking up the flock. Goblers and jakes slowly started coming my way. At this point both deer were convinced something was hiding in the brush. They both sat there sniffin’ around, didn’t spook though. Finally the jakes were in range, seeing how this was morning number one, I decided to wait. Ten minutes later the largest bird in the flock came in range and boom goes the dynamite, season over. After a long discuusion with the girlfriend about how this is not how hunting usually works we tagged the bird and left. Beautiful morning.
    Didn’t not get him weighed. Beard may be suspect but that is fine with me.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Question?
    Take a look and the fan on J_D’s bird, see how that middle feather has some white in it? I’ve taken a bird in MN and in WI that have had this similar feature. Just wondering how or why it happens? Does it have anything to do with the age of the bird? Any wildlife bio’s on here?

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

Question?
    Take a look and the fan on J_D’s bird, see how that middle feather has some white in it? I’ve taken a bird in MN and in WI that have had this similar feature. Just wondering how or why it happens? Does it have anything to do with the age of the bird? Any wildlife bio’s on here?

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for sharing JD and congrats again!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for sharing JD and congrats again!

j_d
    Warroad, MN

Here she is!!!

j_d
    Warroad, MN

Here she is!!!

j_d
    Warroad, MN

And one more, in camo!!

j_d
    Warroad, MN

And one more, in camo!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.