Getting ready.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Anybody else been honing their calling skills? I am really getting fired up. My season begins in three days, took the whole week off. Am gonna hunt for three days if I need to, and then go fishing. By the way, does anybody else’s wife hate turkey calls? LOL. Mine hates them almost as much as coyote howling or distress calls. LOL. I gotta admit though, I took my wife turkey hunting with me once in Iowa. We hunted a total of 20 mins. We went out about 12:30 pm, in Iowa you can hunt all day. I was picking mushrooms and she found that if she shook my vest, my calls would make noise. I told her to quit, but to annoy me she continued. About the third time she did this a Tom gobbled. We got set up quickly and a few minutes later I pulled the trigger. Another time I took her pheasant hunting with me, limit in less than 20 mins. She just cannot understand why I am gone all day long when I go with my buddies. Go figure! Everybody have good luck, good weather, and be safe.

iceman62
    Baldwin, WI

Excited YES!! One thing I will not do is bring my wife with me. Talk about a distraction! I will and have however taken my 9 year old son. He is a natural.
    Good luck and have a great season.
    Chad

iceman62
    Baldwin, WI

Excited YES!! One thing I will not do is bring my wife with me. Talk about a distraction! I will and have however taken my 9 year old son. He is a natural.
    Good luck and have a great season.
    Chad

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Robby, I can definitely relate to the calls at home. My wife just rolls her eyes anymore. 13 years of calling and I think she’s “almost” numb. Best of luck to you also!!!!Let us know how you do!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Robby, I can definitely relate to the calls at home. My wife just rolls her eyes anymore. 13 years of calling and I think she’s “almost” numb. Best of luck to you also!!!!Let us know how you do!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.