Got er done!!!

• newt
    Pillager, MN

Shot my first turkey this morning!! 9 1/2 inch beard, 1 inch spurs. He came running into my hen and jake decoys with a jake….he wanted to get er done! Here he is..

has
    Hudson, WI

Newt,
    Nice bird!!! Always great to have sucess on the first try. Contrary to what some say, these BIRDS are smart. Well done bud!!!

has
    Hudson, WI

Newt,
    Nice bird!!! Always great to have sucess on the first try. Contrary to what some say, these BIRDS are smart. Well done bud!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Congrats Rob, thats a great looking bird!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Congrats Rob, thats a great looking bird!!!

newt
    Pillager, MN

Thanks. Here are the official numbers: 7/8 ” spurs, 10 ” beard, 22.15 lbs. My son has a tag to fill yet so we’re going to hit it again this weekend. This was a great hunt, I hope my son gets an experience like this.

newt
    Pillager, MN

Thanks. Here are the official numbers: 7/8 ” spurs, 10 ” beard, 22.15 lbs. My son has a tag to fill yet so we’re going to hit it again this weekend. This was a great hunt, I hope my son gets an experience like this.

newt
    Pillager, MN

My son shot a Jake on Saturday, this was his first turkey as well. We really lucked out and went 2 for 2 in about 3 hours of total hunting time.

newt
    Pillager, MN

My son shot a Jake on Saturday, this was his first turkey as well. We really lucked out and went 2 for 2 in about 3 hours of total hunting time.

stuart
    Mn.

Memories..what makes it all worthwhile.gongrats..your a lucky man!

stuart
    Mn.

Memories..what makes it all worthwhile.gongrats..your a lucky man!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Nice job on the bird. My season starts tomorrow morning. I am SO PUMPED!!!!!!

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Nice job on the bird. My season starts tomorrow morning. I am SO PUMPED!!!!!!

Gator Hunter

newt
    Pillager, MN

Good Luck GH!

Hey Steve, do you want to start a Turkey pics only thread similar to the deer pics thread??

newt
    Pillager, MN

Good Luck GH!

Hey Steve, do you want to start a Turkey pics only thread similar to the deer pics thread??

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

What a wet, nasty morning for chasing the gobblers. I got out there bright and early and got drenched. Shortly after light I was coaxing a tom in when a darn coyote came along and ruined it. That really angered me as this is the only day I am free to hunt. Luckily a little later a tom was nice enough to come in to my calling. It was 24LBS. and had a beard just shy of 10 inches. All in all a great day to be in the field.

I will post pics when I get the film developed.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

What a wet, nasty morning for chasing the gobblers. I got out there bright and early and got drenched. Shortly after light I was coaxing a tom in when a darn coyote came along and ruined it. That really angered me as this is the only day I am free to hunt. Luckily a little later a tom was nice enough to come in to my calling. It was 24LBS. and had a beard just shy of 10 inches. All in all a great day to be in the field.

I will post pics when I get the film developed.

Gator Hunter

newt
    Pillager, MN

Way to go Gator!! Did you get a crack at that coyote??

newt
    Pillager, MN

Way to go Gator!! Did you get a crack at that coyote??

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I wish I would have. He never came inside of 80Yds. He just blasted across the hayfield at a full sprint.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I wish I would have. He never came inside of 80Yds. He just blasted across the hayfield at a full sprint.

Gator Hunter

newt
    Pillager, MN

Did you get any measurements on the bearded beast?

newt
    Pillager, MN

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Yes I did. It was 24 LBS. with a beard just shy of 10 inches. There was another tom with it that was big, and I mean real big. But he was on a couple hens and had no intentions of coming up to me. And like I said I only had this one day to hunt so I took the first one to come in.

This was only my second year of turkey hunting. Last year I shot one that went 26.5 LBS. and had a 10.5 inch beard. Not a bad first couple years of turkey hunting.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Yes I did. It was 24 LBS. with a beard just shy of 10 inches. There was another tom with it that was big, and I mean real big. But he was on a couple hens and had no intentions of coming up to me. And like I said I only had this one day to hunt so I took the first one to come in.

This was only my second year of turkey hunting. Last year I shot one that went 26.5 LBS. and had a 10.5 inch beard. Not a bad first couple years of turkey hunting.

Gator Hunter

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

WAY TO GO LENNY!!!

I have been drawn twice and have not got a bird yet, I have not been drawn for two years now, hopefully next year will be my year. You will have to give me some pointers

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

WAY TO GO LENNY!!!

I have been drawn twice and have not got a bird yet, I have not been drawn for two years now, hopefully next year will be my year. You will have to give me some pointers

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Good job Lenny. I got mine at 10:00 am this morning. Just a smidge under 20 pounds, 8.25 inch beard, and 7/8th spurs.One more season to go in May. Sure is exciting when they answer a call then keep getting closer and closer I think I shot when he was at about 12 yards. There must be an easier way to clean them than the way I do it. Steve

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.