TUCR inferno UL – any reviews/impressions?

• shockers
    Rochester

Did anyone get a chance to fish panfish with the TUCR inferno ultralight (28″) that came out last year? Any impressions?

I picked one up at Scheels last night as a back-up noodle type rod. Seems to have a very light tip, which I like, but was curious on it’s backbone and how it is for fighting crappies etc.

And yes, I realize the Bullwhip etc. are better rods. I fished with a Bullwhip last year and loved it. But just looking at how Inferno compares etc.

shockers
    Rochester

Figured I’d ask again. Anyone had any experience with the Inferno UL?

I used mine briefly on Sunday, but it wasn’t long enough to get a true test. Definitely seems sensitive, but never hooked into anything decent so curious on how it is bringing up fish etc.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

The member Eyeguy54 uses them. He seems to like them. Maybe he’ll chime in when he sees this.

AlwaysFishing23

I bought one in November and have used a few times. Also have a tickle stick. It’s a pretty good rod the price. The action is nice and backbone is solid. Quality is very good as well. Only gripe I have is that the tip could be a hair softer as its all about the same action throughout the orange part. Other than that so far it’s been awesome!

eyeguy54

I have 2 and love them. Only used 4 mm tungsten so far. Will try the 3mm soon. I actually like how soft the tip is. Pistol grip works nice and when I do it I can feel and see the bite. I have the descents on both rods. For 50 bucks its a dandy.

Attachments:
    1. 1123f.jpg

2. 1212-1.jpg

danieljohnson

I know this is late, but I love mine. A very sensitive tip that goes into a pretty solid backbone. It handles bonus walleye and pike very well.

shockers
    Rochester

Got a chance to try mine out more yesterday. A great value, and sure helped for picking up the light bites. Only part I’m still getting used to is the tip is so delicate it’s hard keeping it still just holding it in my hand. Other than that, great action on the rod.

eyeguy54

noticed a small fracture in the bend on one of my UL rods. took it to scheels and they replaced it. )

jld
    Holmen

Not a bad rod for the price but handles could definitely be longer. I bought a med light last year on sale on-line and the tip is a little stiffer than what I thought a ML would be.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.