Truck Tonneau covers

• Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

I’m looking for a tonneau cover for my truck. What do you all have, and what do you like or dislike about yours. I kind of like the roll up tops with the aluminum because the seem to be easily removable and you can use the full bed.
    Thanks

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Also in the market. I like the look of the lower profile ones but not sure if you loose anything there.

Thomas Smith

My fiancée and I both have access tonneau covers on our trucks. 2019 Ram 1500 and 2006 F250. We have the one that is raised up above the bed, I think it’s the literider model. The reason I went with that model was the idea that I wouldn’t lose bed height when not rolled up. That’s what I would recommend to anybody who asks, they work fine for us. Easy to install and remove, I swapped mine off of my previous F250 to the “new to me” truck. I’ll post a picture of what the raised rail looks like. I hope this helps.

Attachments:
    1. 57FA6626-A672-4106-B180-7E44D25125D6.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I put the bak revolver on my truck and hated it. Froze in the winter took to much room when rolled up and I sold it. Now I run a truxedo cover that is not bad at all. I did not go low pro because I wanted as much height as possible for my portable

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ve got Truxedo on my 2013 F150. The truck has about 90k miles on it and the tonneau cover still operates flawlessly. It is water proof, holds snow, goes through the carwash without issues, and takes me all of 5 seconds to secure open or closed.

There are probably other more elaborate versions and brands on the market but this one has passed the most important test – longevity. I’d fully expect this to last another 10 years without issue.

I think the model is either the Pro X 15 or the Lo Pro.

munchy
    NULL

Also in the market. I like the look of the lower profile ones but not sure if you loose anything there.

I have the Lomax cover and love it. Very low profile and easy to use. Takes seconds to open and have access to 2/3 of the bed and 30 seconds to remove completely or reinstall. Locked when the tailgate is locked.

Only loss is the side rails stick into the bed about an inch on each side if losing bed width is an issue. Not 100% watertight on my Silverado but I’d say 99%, depending on truck and rail cap will determine if it seals 100% or not.

Otherwise it has been perfect.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve had 3 Access covers. They look good and are as dry as you can expect. I like they are easy to roll up and out of the way. You can install yourself. The original version is gtg.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

BAK Revolver X2 tonneau

Only one I use.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m just a few months into my Diamondback hard cover. Haven’t done much to warrant a review or opinion yet but looking forward to keeping stuff in the bed dry and also strapping and hauling stuff to the top if need be. Cons are obviously going to be that I can’t haul mucn without taking a panel off.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve had 3 Access covers. They look good and are as dry as you can expect. I like they are easy to roll up and out of the way. You can install yourself. The original version is gtg.

X2 – I’ve had access on all my trucks and have been happy with them.

Umy
    South Metro

Mine came with Truxedo. 2010 model F150
    My first truck, first experience.
    Works great for me- rolls up neatly, latches tight, the Velcro still works good.
    still looks and operates good so………

Dave maze
    Isanti

I went from a bak revolver to the bak flip mx4. The mx4 is 100x better. The revolver freezes up in the winter and eventually started falling apart.

JEREMY
    BP

The revolver freezes up in the winter and eventually started falling apart.

Ive sold a bunch of them and never heard anyone complain about freeze up. Nice thing about them is any Tom Dick or Harry with a butter knife cant cut their way in and steal your stuff. I also prefer a good old access cover but no where near as secure.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i have a truxedo lo pro. i will echo what bucky badger said. comes with a lifetime warranty too which is great.

I had a truxedo on my previous truck for 4 years and it never let me down and stayed in good shape.

I was initially planning on going with a diamondback like dan has but decided that i would rather be able to have a roll up cover to be able to use the full bed more easily when needed

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I went from a bak revolver to the bak flip mx4. The mx4 is 100x better. The revolver freezes up in the winter and eventually started falling apart.

Mine did the same, same with my dad’s and uncles. We all went other directions

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dave maze wrote:</div>

Ive sold a bunch of them and never heard anyone complain about freeze up. Nice thing about them is any Tom Dick or Harry with a butter knife cant cut their way in and steal your stuff. I also prefer a good old access cover but no where near as secure.

For certain the downside of a fabric cover even though they offer so much else. Personally I have installed Access covers temporarily on my last three trucks right at purchase and up to the time I received my topper. Toppers beat out tonneau’s in so many ways except looks and the ability to use your whole bed unimpeded.

Coletrain27

Access cover on mine and have no complaints

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

I like Access the best. However I have a toolbox inside the bed and they don’t make a cover that works with that because their rails extend too far into the bed opening for the toolbox cover to open. The Truxport cover fits my need with the toolbox and so far has lasted 6-1/2 years with no problems. My other pickup has Access, which is really built well and lasts a long time.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

I have a truxport and wouldn’t recommend it at all. I don’t like how it latches and with big side wind the Velcro will come lose.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I have a truxport and wouldn’t recommend it at all. I don’t like how it latches and with big side wind the Velcro will come lose.

Has the velcro come lose for you while driving? I’ve only had my current truxedo cover for a few months but I bought a used truck with one on it that I drove for 4 years and never had a problem with it. Lord knows how long the previous owner had it on their and I can’t imagine he had problems if I didn’t

Born

Weather tech makes a good fabric one 500.00 opens easily with a pull cord. Like someone said they can be cut and it happened to me. all for a 20 dollar hatchet. I repaired it with flex tape and as been holding together. I am going to replace with a Weather tceh 3 piece folding type for more security.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dave maze wrote:</div>

Any dildo with a pry bar can open any type of cover.

andys
    kasson

Access Lorado on the last 3 trucks no complaints yet

Adam Steffes

I have a bak revolver on my truck and it is garbage. Tried to return it but they wouldn’t take it. Freezes solid in the winter and you break it to bits trying to get it open. Let me repeat….GARBAGE

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have a bak revolver on my truck and it is garbage. Tried to return it but they wouldn’t take it. Freezes solid in the winter and you break it to bits trying to get it open. Let me repeat….GARBAGE

Ha ha. I’m glad my dad and I weren’t the only ones.
    My neighbor has one as well and it’s stays rolled up all winter. He says he doesn’t dare close it when it’s in freezing temps.

JEREMY
    BP

How old are these covers. Maybe theyve been redesigned i dont know but good to know at least.

JEREMY
    BP

I just called our rep out of curiosity. He said hes only heard of that a few times, and all on the X2 model not the new X4. He said if having an issue to get serial # of side rail or on some its on the front rail and call the “800” of the website and they can explain any issues or possible fixes or warranty if necessary.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

I had an Access cover on a truck and loved it. Then I got a Truxedo lo pro on my next truck. Cannot remember why I did that instead of the Access, but it has been every bit as good. I have another Truxedo on my current vehicle and it also has been problem-free.

Adam Steffes

I just called our rep out of curiosity. He said hes only heard of that a few times, and all on the X2 model not the new X4. He said if having an issue to get serial # of side rail or on some its on the front rail and call the “800” of the website and they can explain any issues or possible fixes or warranty if necessary.

They send new rails to replace the ones you tear up when its frozen. I have a stack of them in the corner of my garage. Its a joke. I tried to just get them to take it back but its my loss. Maybe I can sell it to someone in florida?! I called them the first time when it was only a few months old but it was to late at that point. Truck was new in October 2018 and the cover was broken before Christmas and I knew it was a joke by then but they refused to accept a return. On my other truck I have a bak flip from 8 years ago and that one is awesome. Live and learn I guess.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.